EPL v La Liga, what's better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. EPL v La Liga, what's better?

• EPL
    • La Liga
    • Equal

After the Inter Milan Liverpool game last night I put the radio 5Live on and listened to the phone-in. Mark Lawrenson made an interesting point and while I usually disagree with this trumpet of a man I 100% agreed with him on his point. He feels that although the CL has 4 sides still left in it at the QF stage, La Liga is still the better league of the two and if the top 10 of both leagues played each other then La Liga would come out on top.

Obviously it's a hypothetical question as it'll never happen but what do you think? I agreed with him. This has nothing to do with what league you find more entertaining but the standards of these teams in terms of performance.

Has to be La Liga imo. You look at top 10 Spanish teams like Sevilla, Villarreal, Espanyol, Getafe and Valencia them compare them to their English equivalents like West Ham, Blackburn, Aston Villa and Portsmouth then surely Spain wins. Saying that, Bolton, who are in the relegation zone in England, knocked out 4th in Spain (Athletico) in the UEFA cup.

Spain still gets my vote tho.

EPL all the way for me.

I dont think there is much between Barca / R Madrid and Man U / Arsenal - if you take them as the big 2 from each country.

If you take the 3rd team id say Chelsea would beat Seville and Liverpool would beat Valencia into 4th.

Overall Englands big 4 are better than Spains big 4.

Then id say Everton, Villa and Spurs are better than the next set of La Liga teams.

Once Newcastle and West Ham get there finger out and fill there potential they too would win games against mid table spanish sides.

Technically I would say the Spanish game is better but that does not mean it is the most attractive league to watch.

The fact they have 4 teams in the final 8 of the CL speaks for itself though.

La Liga for me. Technically better than the EPL.

Outside the top four EPL clubs,I don't think many would beat any of the top ten in La Liga,La Liga for me

Agreed.

The fact they have 4 teams in the final 8 of the CL speaks for itself though.

Or does it tell us that the managers of the EPL sides are great tacticians? Who knows? One thing is for sure, the EPL sides are definitely getting stronger in Europe.

On SSN just now there are interviews with a load of EPL managers discussing the fact that the EPL is the best league in the world.

They are all partly basing this on the top 4 teams being in the quarter finals.

Did think it was nice that Mark Hughes also mentioned Rangers still being the only British team in the Uefa Cup.

The only bugger that did though!