Now your back care to throw you opinion out there Frankie?

Oops, sorry missed this thread mate... ;)

I am delighted with AM's contribution over the last year.

More than anything goalkeepers thrive on confidence. Confidence from playing well, confidence from their fellow players, confidence from their manager and confidence from the fans. Even more than outfield players I reckon as a goalie can make one mistake and cost a goal.

Over the last year the lad has went from strength to strength in this regard. His handling is first class, his shot-stopping getting better, his reactions good and the command of his box improving all the time. And he still has the best years ahead of him.

Is he as good as Gordon? Well, he's certainly playing very well but perhaps needs more international experience before we can really compare them. In saying that Gordon hasn't really played at CL/european level so any perceived gap in that regard is decreasing.

Overall McGregor is doing very well. I think he still needs to work on his vision and reading of the game but generally his value has rocketed and he's now worth his weight in gold. Probably our second best player this season behind Carlos.

but generally his value has rocketed and he's now worth his weight in gold.

Probably a discussion for another thread.... but what odds on him being "moved on" in the summer ?

His value has to be at least 5 million if Gordon is worth 9.

I hope we keep him as a solid GK is the making of a very good team.

Oops, sorry missed this thread mate... ;)

I am delighted with AM's contribution over the last year.

More than anything goalkeepers thrive on confidence. Confidence from playing well, confidence from their fellow players, confidence from their manager and confidence from the fans. Even more than outfield players I reckon as a goalie can make one mistake and cost a goal.

Over the last year the lad has went from strength to strength in this regard. His handling is first class, his shot-stopping getting better, his reactions good and the command of his box improving all the time. And he still has the best years ahead of him.

Is he as good as Gordon? Well, he's certainly playing very well but perhaps needs more international experience before we can really compare them. In saying that Gordon hasn't really played at CL/european level so any perceived gap in that regard is decreasing.

Overall McGregor is doing very well. I think he still needs to work on his vision and reading of the game but generally his value has rocketed and he's now worth his weight in gold. Probably our second best player this season behind Carlos.

As I said, interesting to hear your opinion as you are perhaps the msot qualified to comment on goalkeepers, and it's good to see you hold him in such high regard too.

Obviously he is not the complete player yet. But at 26 has plenty of time to improve and his recent performances for the last season and a half (although predominantly the current season) demonstrate what an improved and invaluable player he is too us.

Craig obviously agrees with Walter Smith when it comes to building your team from the back, as demonstrated with Goram in the niar era. And hopefully McGregor can be half as influential at least.

To be honest with you McGregor looks like he loves it here, yes maybe he could do a Hutton but i think he will be here next season, along with King Carlos

I am not so sure Carlos will be here next season. Kevin Keegan has stated often that he is looking to Scotland for players and will be looking to strengthen his defence. Carlos is the best defender in Scotland and Keegan is to be given a huge treasure chest. I hope i am wrong but i doubt it to be honest. There will also be other teams interested of course.

Craig obviously agrees with Walter Smith when it comes to building your team from the back, as demonstrated with Goram in the niar era. And hopefully McGregor can be half as influential at least.

Indeed I do - I just happen to think that if you have a very competent keeper that the defence exude confidence knowing the man behind them will more often than not prevent the loss of goal if they mess up.

That confidence then seeps its way into the midfield and attack.

You dont lose goals you dont lose games - and it is no coincidence that the 9IAR came about on the strength of performances from one of the clubs greatest ever keepers.

Thats a huge point. Id say playing regularly in europe will stead him perfect for International matches - TBH playing Barca etc is bigger than Scotland v the likes of Greece or Iceland.

McGregor's confidence is sky high at the moment and at this time he is for me Scotlands top keeper. Im a big fan of Gordon but he made the wrong move going to Sunderland and playing behind a poor defence. If they go down then he has to get away from Championship football.

Buts its good to see 2 quality keepers fighting it out. I wouldnt say they are at the level of Leighton and Goram (those 2 were world class keepers) but they are certainly on the up.

I cant see McGregor moving away from Ibrox at all.