Klasnic Comments on Gers Interest

Croatia striker claims Gers interest

Croatia striker Ivan Klasnic revealed after the draw with Scotland at Hampden Park that Rangers have made an approach to sign him.

Ivan_Klasnic_Werder_Bremen_752250.jpg

The 28-year-old came on as a substitue in the friendly on Wednesday night and could make a permanent return to Glasgow in the summer.

Klansic has recovered after having to undergo a kidney transplant 11 months ago but so far German giants Werder Bremen have yet to offer him a new deal, meaning he can move for free this summer.

Klasnic revealed former Rangers and Croatia striker Dado Prso has been advising him on life in Glasgow and that there has been interest from across the city from Celtic.

He told the Evening Times: "I have had contact from a few big teams. Both of the Glasgow clubs, and Rangers have been very keen.

"Of course I know all about the club after Rangers played Bremen a few weeks ago in the Uefa Cup, although I didn't play in those games because I was injured.

"Dado has spoken to me many times about Rangers and I know what a fantastic club it is - he has been here with us this week at the hotel and you can see how much he loves Scotland.

"It's a great club with an excellent stadium and amazing fans.

"I will see what happens with my future, as there has also been contact with me from German clubs.

"Bremen have said they will talk to me about my future and a new contract, but there has been nothing so far."

- Was a fine player a couple of years back but not really sure how his whole injury worries have effected him (interestingly, he underwent 2 kidney transplants, one from each parent). But if he can get back to the form he was in a while back, especially when he's available for free, I'd take him in a second.

Don't care what you say, Klasnic is a top quality player and i would welcome him through the gates of Ibrox

I'm not saying he isn't but if there's a risk of him further injuring his knee then there's no point in signing him. Remember Prodan and Rozenthal?