Keepy Uppy - How Many?

Guest Ibroxian

Keepy uppy (or flick ups as I used to call them), how many can you do? I once kept it up 3225 times (mainly on my knees) when I was about 15 or 16 (though I'm crap at actually playing footie).

So.... 3225 to beat...

Headers? Can't remember, 103 I think (or I might be fibbing!)

used to be really crap at it, booting the ball in the air and running around after it but then got the nack... think on a good day i can do about 300-500, in the thousands maybe not, i get too bored and don't see a point unless its a competition

headers am still crap at it... got a head like a 50pence piece

Guest Ibroxian
The most id did was 365 one time and only stopped coz my mate called me a poof for not drinking :cheers:

Gribz, one a day for a year is a consistent if not impressive record mate!:thup:

Guest Ibroxian
used to be really crap at it, booting the ball in the air and running around after it but then got the nack... think on a good day i can do about 300-500, in the thousands maybe not, i get too bored and don't see a point unless its a competition

headers am still crap at it... got a head like a 50pence piece

Silver and shiny do you mean?:P

I am the other way about.I consider myself a good amateur football player but keepy-up was not my forty. Reading a game and passing inch perfect were my talents. I think possibly 50-60 on a good day. I could stand for a long time heading the ball against the wall and gave up from boredom rather than losing control.

Keepie-uppy was never a talent I possessed. I was happy if I got to 30.

Going into a tackle and coming out the other side with someones leg on the other hand...

Terry Hurlock Loyal!!!

Going into a tackle and coming out the other side with someones leg on the other hand...

Terry Hurlock Loyal!!!

Thank you for your loyalty Juffery......lol

Terry Hurlock Loyal!!!

That's a bit like me too... Seem to have a knack of coming out fine in tackles and collisions, sometimes leaving the opposition gasping for breath.

Never quite got he knack of keepy uppies and 30 is about right. However, when I see people with the knack doing it, it doesn't look like it would help in football in the slightest. It's a wee flicky toe-up action that you'd never be able to use to your advantage in a game.

Anyway, keepie uppies should only count if you have someone trying to tackle you while you do it, as I'm sure if you did use it in a game, you'd probably get your leg broken.