Apr 13 2008 Exclusive by Mark Guidi

SPURS are lining up a bid for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

The 26-year-old Ibrox No.1's outstanding form this season has attracted the attention of several Premiership clubs.

McGregor is contracted at Gers until summer 2010 and valued at more than �£5million. Tottenham boss Juande Ramos is aware of the keeper's ability after glowing recommendations from his scouts.

He wants to bring in two new keepers in the close season to replace Paul Robinson and Radek Cerny. Ramos signed Alan Hutton from Rangers three months ago for �£9million and the right-back is already considered a bargain buy.

Chiefs at White Hart Lane feel Mac could make a similar instant impact. McGregor is happy at Ibrox but has told those close to him he would love to play in the Premiership and is aware of the growing interest in him.

He has also not ruled out making a fresh start away from the Glasgow "goldfish bowl".

Hutton has raved to his old Ibrox mates about life in the Premiership and has urged them to join him there if they get a chance. McGregor knows Rangers will decide what happens next if they receive any bids for him.

Newcastle gaffer Kevin Keegan is also considering a move for the Ibrox No.1 after his first choice, Celtic keeper Artur Boruc, told him he is not interested in joining the Magpies.

The transfer fee would not be a problem for the wealthy Magpies.

Keegan saw McGregor - and his other Gers target Spaniard Carlos Cuellar - in action at the home game against Sporting Lisbon.

Rangers can prepare themselves for bids during the coming months.

However, Spurs appear to be in pole position for McGregor and will have a representative in the stand for Wednesday night's Old Firm clash at Parkhead.

I dont think we cold turn 12 million down but I also cant see them making an offer that big.

McGregor has been our most improved player this season and has continued our successful era of superb keepers since the 80s. So would be happy to see him stay.

This is Sky and their money ruining european football. I hope this doesn't happen.

Is it time to introduce some law to stop the premiership throwing money at everyone and cherry picking the best players from the other leagues? Is it any wonder that there were 4 english teams in last 8 of champs league?

would be gutting to lose mcgregor, but at the same time I think we have a keeper with great potential on our books in alexander.

Bit disappointed in the claim that hutton is urging players to leave rangers. I doubt a "fan" would do that.

In saying all of the above, you have to note the source of the story. The scottish media...

The thing is though,both the OF teams have been buying the best players from the other SPL teams for years,it's just the way it is,i'd love the good players to stay at Ibrox,but if they go then as long as we are getting top dollar for them then we just have to keep replacing them

This is Sky and their money ruining european football. I hope this doesn't happen.

Is it time to introduce some law to stop the premiership throwing money at everyone and cherry picking the best players from the other leagues? Is it any wonder that there were 4 english teams in last 8 of champs league?

And how would that work???:confused:

A salary cap? Players are still going to want to play for Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal etc cos the chances of success are there, the status, both footballing and media is there and so is the opportunity to play with and against the best players.

And look at Arsenal - he's hardly thrown millions at signing Senderos, Clichy, Almunia, Toure, Eboue and Diaby.

And then look at Riordan, Murray, Brown, Caldwell, Thompson and Whittaker and going back further, Kenny Miller and Andy Goram - the OF have cherry picked players from Hibs (just one example) for years.

There's always a bigger fish!!!

The thing is though,both the OF teams have been buying the best players from the other SPL teams for years,it's just the way it is,i'd love the good players to stay at Ibrox,but if they go then as long as we are getting top dollar for them then we just have to keep replacing them

I'm getting a little tired of some bears seeming to accept our position as a selling club.

Where do we get a keeper half as good as Mc? Where do we get a defender half as good as Carlos? Oh, but we're awash with cash? So that's all right then? I can just now accept the Hutton money, but - WE DON'T NEED TO SELL. We are NOT a nursery club for anybody, ANYBODY! Except maybe we could sell Carlos to Barca or Man U.

We need to keep our best players together, plus SIGN up Davis (sod off Blackburn) and by two QUALITY players in summer (creative midfielder and Striker) so we can compete in the CL and earn some real money.

I honestly dont expect much first picks to be leaving this summer bar Cousin, but even he might change his mind. Burke may be one who moves on with Buffel, Faye and Gow. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Hemdani and Boyd go to Birmingham. But I can see Carlos and McGregor being Rangers players in August.

Other than that hopefully we get Davis and Dailly Signed up.