Weekly (Short) Rant

The Urgent Need To Get Back On Track

After suffering successive / back to back OF defeats, we really urgently require to get our SPL season back-on-track at Easter Road on Sunday. I know that we have a massively important game in Florence on Thursday evening, but given the recent results in the SPL, this game pales into insignificance compared to Sundays. I fully understand that we stand on the verge of our first European Cup final since 1972, but the SPL still takes priority at this stage of the season. As I have been saying for weeks, the quadruple would be outstanding, but the domestic title is a MUST.

I never thought that as a Rangers supporter, that I would be typing that above. However, winning the SPL title is a MUST, winning the UEFA Cup would be a very enjoyable bonus. Sitting here reflecting on the OF defeats, it would be easy to point to dubious refereeing decisions, to the lack of ââ?¬Ë?luckââ?¬â?¢ (no-one can deny that we havenââ?¬â?¢t had the rub of the green in these two games) or to analysis our failings to the ââ?¬Ë?nââ?¬â?¢thââ?¬â?¢ degree. We are at the stage of the season where none of the above is going to help us in our ultimate quest, so lets forget about the past games and lets put all our energy into winning the games required to secure the title.

In saying that, isn�t it refreshing in the post-OF debate that we aren�t discussing the referee�s failings? Isn�t it refreshing that the referee (and linesmen) can freely go about their daily business without fear of being accosted in the street? Isn�t it refreshing to know that their children can go to school today without being attacked? What�s that? Yeah, you�ve guessed it, Celtc won so no squeals of Masonic conspiracies and the likes.

So we know what we have to do ââ?¬â?? the wheels of the wagon havenââ?¬â?¢t fallen off as yet, but some of the nuts and bolts are a tad shoogly (and need tightened ASAP). It is time for the players to stand up and be counted ââ?¬â?? someone, anyone could become an instant hero. Last time (Helicopter Sunday) it was Big Marv who told us all to ââ?¬Ë?keep believingââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â?? time we recruited Big Marv to give is a sermon before our forthcoming games.

The destiny of the title is still our own hands ââ?¬â?? we can only throw it away but if I know Rangers, itââ?¬â?¢ll come down to ââ?¬Ë?squeaky bumââ?¬â?¢ time over the course of the next few weeks. What else would you expect? Rangers to do things the easy way 

I know this isnââ?¬â?¢t much of a ââ?¬Ë?rantââ?¬â?¢ but I feel that the time for reflection has gone (and we can reflect all summer long) and the time for ââ?¬Ë?actionââ?¬â?¢ is here. Letââ?¬â?¢s get right behind the players - what ever team / tactics WS chooses ââ?¬â?? in the title run-in and lets ensure that we do everything WE can to get the players over the finishing line. At this point, I donââ?¬â?¢t care if they sprint or stumble over that finishing line, as long as they get over first.

COME ON RANGERS ââ?¬â?? JUST DO IT ââ?¬â?? KEEP BELIEVING

Cammy F ââ?¬â?? Support The Dublin Loyal - We Are The Peopleââ?¬Â¦.

Great post Cammy. Without trying to sound all star warish, our destiny is STILL in OUR own hands.

I for one feel we've still got enough in the tank to see the job through. It's going to tough, but i'm confident.

I've also got a wee sneaky for them dropping points in at least one of their three remaining games.

So come on, one last monumental effort and the title will be deservedly ours.

NO SURRENDER..........WATP. :rfc:

Good post Cammy.

I think the fans started on Sunday. They were excellent and time and time again you could hear them over the mahnky mob.

I agree that it is easy to do it against the Tims and we have to do it every week.

As for the SPL or the Uefa, i agree the SPL is an emotional must but financially speaking the Uefa is actually the top prize. I think i know which one Murray would prefer.

The time is now for us all to unite. We have all been niggly this year what with the lead we had, and I guess we all wanted the ship to be tightened in all manner of ways. The last 6 games for us now, timmy has 3. They must win all 3, we cannot afford 2 slip ups or its goodnight.

The Uefa Cup would be great but as has been said, I would sacrifice it.

I want the Title back home, the SC would be another welcome trophy and a treble. Not bad for a team that has played well over 50 games this season already. Injury and discipline are now going to be a huge factor and I hope in my heart of hearts that we get a bit of luck in the next 28 days. The effort of all in the blue jersey has been great and I hope that the hunger overides the tired and weary legs.

Believe

WATP