http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/g/1049800_what_went_wrong#

go to the pictures and see the photo of the guy being bitten by a police dog. they were sheilding the guy with the small child from the police. My bus passed by shortly after the attack. they left the guy lying in the street with no medical aid. A fucking disgrace.

Was this guy one of the hooligan minority or an innocent passer by?

this was well away from the rioting. it was much later in the night. our bus left stanley st around 12 15 am. drove up Quay st and turned along towards the Hilton hotel. it wasnt far from there that the incident took place. There was a large group gathered outside a door way to the side of them but they werent fighting with the police.

Guest Ibroxian
this was well away from the rioting. it was much later in the night. our bus left stanley st around 12 15 am. drove up Quay st and turned along towards the Hilton hotel. it wasnt far from there that the incident took place. There was a large group gathered outside a door way to the side of them but they werent fighting with the police.

In that case it's disgusting what happened and I feel sorry for the man who got bit. It looks nasty.

Word would have got round that some Police had been injured. I imagine by this time the Police had had their fill and were pumped up looking for any reason to retaliate. The Police are supposed to be professional even in the face of adverity, they're trained for it. It seems on this occasion the officer was on a personal mission and while CCTV is an excellent medium to pick out the offernding hooligans from that night it will also be the downfall of any Police officer that acted out of line.

In that case it's disgusting what happened and I feel sorry for the man who got bit. It looks nasty.

Word would have got round that some Police had been injured. I imagine by this time the Police had had their fill and were pumped up looking for any reason to retaliate. The Police are supposed to be professional even in the face of adverity, they're trained for it. It seems on this occasion the officer was on a personal mission and while CCTV is an excellent medium to pick out the offernding hooligans from that night it will also be the downfall of any Police officer that acted out of line.

Don't kid yourself Ibrox, any tapes that point a finger at the police will just happen to be erased and some office girl will get her wrist slapped for it happening, we've seen it all before.

Saw yesterday evening a charge by a Police officer at a Rangers fan who was

1/ Looking in a different direction

2/ Stood with arms folded doing nothing

3/ not involved in any of the nonsnense in any way

The copper rams into him from behind the guy is knocked to the ground and the copper keeps running passed towards - nothing... it was clearly done for no other reason than being a total cnut.

I have never had much sympathy for the Police and there job - they sign up and they should take on what the job dishes out... that is after all what everyone says about the Armed Forces. They have a hard job, but you get your head down and get on. But after seeing that little clip on Sky, I can honestly say that everything that is bad about policing in this country is clearly applauded by GMP and there Chiefs.

Well done GMP, another failure, well done GMC, another failure. But lets blame the Scots, lets blame the Rangers fans. Lets sweep it under the carpet again.

Saw yesterday evening a charge by a Police officer at a Rangers fan who was

1/ Looking in a different direction

2/ Stood with arms folded doing nothing

3/ not involved in any of the nonsnense in any way

The copper rams into him from behind the guy is knocked to the ground and the copper keeps running passed towards - nothing... it was clearly done for no other reason than being a total cnut.

I have never had much sympathy for the Police and there job - they sign up and they should take on what the job dishes out... that is after all what everyone says about the Armed Forces. They have a hard job, but you get your head down and get on. But after seeing that little clip on Sky, I can honestly say that everything that is bad about policing in this country is clearly applauded by GMP and there Chiefs.

Well done GMP, another failure, well done GMC, another failure. But lets blame the Scots, lets blame the Rangers fans. Lets sweep it under the carpet again.

Spot on Wija but unfortunately it won't be swept under the carpet. We'll be reminded of this incident for years to come.

Guest Ibroxian
Spot on Wija but unfortunately it won't be swept under the carpet. We'll be reminded of this incident for years to come.

No you wont but that reminds me, has anyone seen a bit of 1977 Wembley turf that still hasn't been accounted for?:D

They will sweep any inconsistancies under the carpet to ensure any blame can be put at the feet of one party - the Rangers Fans.

It is clear that any back up plans were second rate thoughts, and had no real substance. How do you move 20,000 fans from an area, on buses, who are all pished and up for the game? Tell me the answer to that GMC?

We will be blamed for it, and now they have cancelled the Man Utd parade because of the Uefa Riots.. FFS it is beyond pathetic. This is also a clear admission that hooligans from English clubs were invloved. :brick: