Even though we must make sure of the three points against the Saints and hope that the arabs do us a turn on thursday, I'd still like us to go out on to the park with the 'fuck it, let's go for it' attitiude on Tuesday.

The over cautious, defensive gash that we've been pumping out for large chunks of the season has 'almost' certainly failed us. It's now time to throw caution to the wind and give it a go. We have got players that can score goals and plenty of them at that.

After all and no disrespect intended, it's St Mirren and if we get our team selection and tactics right, we have got the capabilities of giving them a right doin'.

Unfortunately, i think WS will settle for an ugly three points and hope DU do us a favour. I know I should wait until the match preview, so i'll apologise in advance. This would be my team:

.........................Alexander.......................

..........Cuellar.........................Dailly..........

Whittaker.........................................Smith

.........................Thomson........................

Novo...................Fergie.....................Buffel

..................Darche.........Boyd..................

Reason for CD in beside CC is that he's got more pace, therefore we can play that extra ten yards or so further up the park and force STM to play more of the game in their own half. Need our full backs to get up the park and contribute offensively as often as possible. Something that has rarely happened this season.

Please Walter, GIVE IT A GO FFS and you never know. We need at least 0-5 to put that wee bit extra pressure on the scum.

NO SURRENDER, WATP. :rfc:

In all honesty, the only change to that team is I would get Fergie punted, bring Buffel in behind the striker and play either McCulloch or, just ti be a bit mental John Fleck wide left. Go for broke - if we don't score a shitload the league is lost.

In all honesty, the only change to that team is I would get Fergie punted, bring Buffel in behind the striker and play either McCulloch or, just ti be a bit mental John Fleck wide left. Go for broke - if we don't score a shitload the league is lost.

Is wee Fleck not away at the u17 Tourney with Scotland?

I know it's not been BFs best season but there's more chance(IMO) of Barry coming up with the goods than McCulloch. After a promoising start, he's been really poor and done nothing(IMO)to justify getting a start. I understand what your saying about Barry, but at least we've seen some glimpses of what he's all about.

I very much doubt if WS will 'go for it' anyway, it's just not his way.

We allkow there is no chance either of Fleck stsarting or Ferguson being dropped. But with Weir, Broadfoot, Cousin and McCulloch all out that team it limits our aerial threat.

I really really want Ferguson punted though. I've had enough of him now.

I doubt I'll even watch the game on Thursday.

I know what you mean. I have a ticket for the game but it means taking an afternoon off work and I probably wont get back until the early hours of friday morning. The sad thing is when i got news i'd got a ticket i was over the moon and was so sure this game would be to wrap up the title. Now i feel so sick after going to motherwell on saturday i'm not sure i even want to go.

We allkow there is no chance either of Fleck stsarting or Ferguson being dropped. But with Weir, Broadfoot, Cousin and McCulloch all out that team it limits our aerial threat.

I really really want Ferguson punted though. I've had enough of him now.

Point taken mate, but we need some footballers on the pitch and not just players who can head a ball. We need a bit craft, a player or two who can make something out of nothing. That been (IMO) a major failing of ours this season. We used to rip the pish out of the scum for being exactly that. A team of big guys who relied on set pieces and the long punt up the park.

Unfortunately, that's what we've become. :sigh:

Point taken mate, but we need some footballers on the pitch and not just players who can head a ball. We need a bit craft, a player or two who can make something out of nothing. That been (IMO) a major failing of ours this season. We used to rip the pish out of the scum for being exactly that. A team of big guys who relied on set pieces and the long punt up the park.

except they were very sucessful playing like that, so far we've only won the league cup

I can see your point as well. I would much rather we were playing one touch, short passing, free flowing football that cut the opposition to shreds but who is gona do that in the players we have. We need goals and I'll take them at the moment any way we can. Which is actually a shout for Adam as like him or not, he can take a bloody good free kick.