Am I being cynical...Re Tommy Burns

After the tragic death Pil O'Donnel the tims were so distraught they couldn't play a game and asked to cancel it. Remember Phil played for the tims many years ago.

Tommy Burns a guy who was a player,manager,youth coach and first team coach up to a few weeks ago.....Young players and older players looked up to him..He tragically dies and now they are up for the next game and win the league in his memory....Will somebody tell me i'm cynical???

After the tragic death Pil O'Donnel the tims were so distraught they couldn't play a game and asked to cancel it. Remember Phil played for the tims many years ago.

Tommy Burns a guy who was a player,manager,youth coach and first team coach up to a few weeks ago.....Young players and older players looked up to him..He tragically dies and now they are up for the next game and win the league in his memory....Will somebody tell me i'm cynical???

Yeah , was thinking they might call the game against dundee utd off as a mark of respect but they have a chance to win the league so respect goes out the window.

Yeah , was thinking they might call the game against dundee utd off as a mark of respect but they have a chance to win the league so respect goes out the window.
Yeah most tims I know were so distraught they begged for the game against us to be cancelled after Phil's death..I was in the pub yesterday and not one of them mentioned Tommy,all they talked about was this Thursday coming up.

Yeah most tims I know were so distraught they begged for the game against us to be cancelled after Phil's death..I was in the pub yesterday and not one of them mentioned Tommy,all they talked about was this Thursday coming up.

No disresepct to Phil O'Donnel but Burns was way more connected to the club

player/manger/coach , so with this happening so close to the Utd game why isnt there a shout to call it off like the O'Donnell case , is it cos Celtic have a chance to win the title , Ur Dam right it is they have the summer to mourn Tommy Burns the Celtic Legend ,

Wonder what he would think of this situation gave his life to the club and is treated as a side show when passing away ,

"Sorry Tommy Your Loyal Celtic Fans Dont Have Time For You Just Now" they would rather worry about the league than honour one of their own.

I agree in some ways here - but the fact that O'Donnell died so young and took ill during an actual match made it all the more shocking. The situation was the perfect excuses for the Tims to call the game off though - no doubt about it.

The Rangers game was call off for one reason. Not Phil o Donnell but Aiden McGeady being suspended.

Far more reasons than that. Jarosik was injured as were some others. They had yet to briing in their winter signings and reckoned Hutton would be sold as well.

I would hate to think the death of anyone would be used to an advantage. Could Celtic really stump so low? It has to be said Burns did much more for Celtic than O Donnell.

What was the time gap again between when O Donnell died and Celtics next game?

It seems some Rangers fans have more respect for late former players of our rivals than Celtic.

I would hate to think the death of anyone would be used to an advantage. Could Celtic really stump so low? It has to be said Burns did much more for Celtic than O Donnell.

What was the time gap again between when O Donnell died and Celtics next game?

It seems some Rangers fans have more respect for late former players of our rivals than Celtic.

Gribz,your last sentence says it all really,Celtic fans hate Rangers more than they love Celtic :confused: