Am I being cynical...Re Tommy Burns

I would hate to think the death of anyone would be used to an advantage. Could Celtic really stump so low? It has to be said Burns did much more for Celtic than O Donnell.

What was the time gap again between when O Donnell died and Celtics next game?

It seems some Rangers fans have more respect for late former players of our rivals than Celtic.

I've been told that Celtic only requested the postponement after Jarosik limped out of training.

Dundee Utd were not allowed to cancel their game but Celtic were? :confused:

Am I correct in saying that only McDonald had played with O'Donnell out of the Celtic playing staff?

Phil O'Donnell died on 29th Dec, Celtic asked for the postponement on the 31st with the old firm game scheduled for the 2nd.

Guest ricky

Phil O"Donnells death came suddenly ,out of the blue and was a shock Tommy Burns on the other hand,it was well known within Celtic Park for the last month or so that he has only weeks to live.Two totally diferent yet just as tragic wastes of life

One had no connection with Celtic for a number of years, but it suited them to get the game cancelled. One was in a high position with the club, but it didn't suit to have the game cancelled.

Agreed that they were totally different.

Guest ricky

Where would this leave Rangers with the fixture congestion question??? The SPL have it in the statute that all the final games must be played at the same time.I agree that the authorites made an arse of your fixtures.But thats just it ...IT WAS THE SPL not anyone else.

Where would this leave Rangers with the fixture congestion question??? The SPL have it in the statute that all the final games must be played at the same time.I agree that the authorites made an arse of your fixtures.But thats just it ...IT WAS THE SPL not anyone else.

At the time celtic got the game called off for a player who hardly played for them and left years ago. The team he played against when he tragically died asked to have their game posponed as well and you would think they had more of a case than celtic but they got refused. Rangers were in no win situation, if they said no we would have been more hated if that's possible.

If one team was allowed to do this then they all should have been. IMO Dundee Utd had much more of a case than celtic to have their game called off.

Why didn't they say at the time we should go and win the game for Phil like they are saying we are going to try and win the game and the league for Tommy now?

This season has shown up the leaders of the SPL to be the bunch of bumbling and bungling buffoons that we all suspected we were. Its also a bit of a shame that their shortcomings were highlighted under such tragic circumstances.

If I was a chairman of an SPL club, I'd be moving for a vote of no confidence or resign from the SPL and just get a new body in place for next year, bigger league maybe and drop the split. Its a joke this top division.

Err, it was Celtic who asked for the game to be pstponed. It is was the most immoral action I have seen in Scottish football.

regarding celtics actions earlier in the season i think you are right in being cynical.

However, football rivalries aside, Tommy was a great servant to football and a good genuine Christian. Thoughts and prayers go to those with a void left by his departure. He will be sadly missed by many.