Rino Gattuso

Guest modman

Guest modman

Former Rangers midfielder Rino Gattuso appeared to rule out an Ibrox return after vowing to end his career at AC Milan.

The Italian World Cup winner had pledged in 2006 to play again for Rangers before retiring.

However the 30-year-old, who is married to a Scot, is now determined to stay with Milan, and captain the club one day.

"I'm not leaving because I have cleared up all my doubts," said Gattuso, who has three years left on his current contract.

"We have had some discussion in the past few days, but I have to underline that I have never talked about money.

"I want to end my career at Milan, I will definitely remain here until 2011. After 2011 I'll see what to do.

"I am proud to remain here also because you only have to look around you to see all the cups that have been won.

"And also because Milan is the most titled club in the world and without doubt one of the most important clubs in the world."

Gattuso played for Rangers from July 1997 to October 1998.

He will have to be patient before being handed the Milan captaincy but is prepared to wait.

"There are hierarchies and it's right to respect them," said the 30-year-old.

"At this time the captain is still Paolo Maldini and it's right that you talk about him as captain.

"Then, when he stops, it's up to (Massimo) Ambrosini to take it on as he is vice-captain. After him it will be me."

are we not ??

I think AC Milan have more more competitions than us ie CL, Serie A, Super Cup, Italian Cup etc etc. We've won more trophies but Milan have won a more varied choice of trophies. It's hard to explain but I know what I mean.

I dunno how you can think Gatusso is going to Arsenal, Gav. Wenger doesn't sign Over-30's anymore and he has plenty of other midfield targets.

If Rino leaves, it'll be to someone like Bayern.