Successful Ops For Duo

RANGERS stars Stevie Naismith and Chris Burke both underwent successful surgery yesterday but it will be a long time before they retutm to the first time.

Sadly, Naismith is looking at 12 months out while it will be four to six months for winger Burke.

Both players were seriously injured in the same match - the Scottish Cup semi-final against St Johnstone on April 20.

Kevin Rutkiewicz caught Burke on the ankle with his studs after just seven mintue and then Martin Hardie stomped on Naismith's knee eight minutes later which led to cruciate ligament damage.

The surgery team involved on both players were pleased with the results of the operations and now both players are on their way back home.

Allan McGregor is the other main injury problem at Murray Park, also with an ankle problem sustained against Celtic last month.

12 months, thats the whole of next season. So we have to go and get another striker as Cousin and Boyd are likely to leave.

As Gav says im not bothered about Burke being out for 6 months. Its not nice the lad has an injury but if he was fit Id be hoping he was one to exit in the summer anyway. He just hasnt ever delivered and he cant be considered being promising anymore.

PS, i just wonder if Allan McGregor had stayed fit whether it would be the difference in winning the league. A few have said he would have stopped 1 of the Celtic goals and the defence was so comfortable with him.

Its not a punt at Alexander who has came in and did well but McGregor has been superb this season and is by far the most improved player. If it wasnt for Carlos then he would have been my POTY.

PS, i just wonder if Allan McGregor had stayed fit whether it would be the difference in winning the league. A few have said he would have stopped 1 of the Celtic goals and the defence was so comfortable with him.

Its not a punt at Alexander who has came in and did well but McGregor has been superb this season and is by far the most improved player. If it wasnt for Carlos then he would have been my POTY.

I would say the loss of Hutton was a bigger factor than the loss of McGregor. The loss of Hutton and Beasley lost us a lot of attacking power.

McGregor may have done better but it is pie in the sky as he was injured and couldn't play.

I would say the loss of Hutton was a bigger factor than the loss of McGregor. The loss of Hutton and Beasley lost us a lot of attacking power.

McGregor may have done better but it is pie in the sky as he was injured and couldn't play.

I think Beasley's contribution is over-egged by some fans. Sure he scored a nice goal in Lyon and was defensively more sound than I expected.

However he was unwilling to take a man on more often than not. Unforgivable when you are one of the few players on the field tasked with providing the creativity or space by beating a man. He looked ok at Ibrox and sometimes in Europe when he was given time and space on a large open field. Particularly away in the SPL he was a waste of a jersey.

Hutton huge loss.

McGregor would've been if it were not for the emergence of Alexander who is an exceptional back up.

Beasley might have helped in Europe, but we made the final and I cannot see him being the difference against that Zenit side.