Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

This is not the reason for me, I just don't think he's good enough. IMO mojo was far worse for an ex tim signing for us, again IMHO if this is the only reason people don't want him to sign then they need to look at themselves sorry.....

And for the money situation you have to look after yourself and your family which he is doing IMO.....I'm sure there are plenty of others who would do the same, even though the majority of Rangers fans would say otherwise. Until you are in that situation you never know.

If smith and Ally are here for a while then so will KM, our fans better get used it he won't go away just like that!!!

You're right insomuch as he will be at Ibrox as long as the management want him to be. Plenty of fans made their feeling clear before he was signed but Walter chose to ignore them, as is his undoubted right. However, just because he was signed and will run out in a blue shirt doesn't mean the many fans who feel as I do will have to accept him. He is still an ex-Tim and he is still nowhere near good enough to justify the money spent. Walter and his laughing sidekick might yet have cause to regret this one.

You're right insomuch as he will be at Ibrox as long as the management want him to be. Plenty of fans made their feeling clear before he was signed but Walter chose to ignore them, as is his undoubted right. However, just because he was signed and will run out in a blue shirt doesn't mean the many fans who feel as I do will have to accept him. He is still an ex-Tim and he is still nowhere near good enough to justify the money spent. Walter and his laughing sidekick might yet have cause to regret this one.

Out of interest, do you think he will get a harder time than Mo Johnston?

Out of interest, do you think he will get a harder time than Mo Johnston?

It's difficult to speak for everyone but if i were to guess then yes, I think Miller will get a harder time than Johnston.

Partly it will because he was a Rangers player who jumped the dyke and now wants back again. Imaging Mo johnston going from Rangers back to celtic and you'll get the point. Johnston got pelters from some because he was a benchmark catholic signing - but many fans were ready for this and didn't care about his religion - plus, many saw it as a real kick in the teeth for celtic (which it was).

Partly it's because many genuinely believe he is next door to useless. It's hard to look at his performances these last few years and reach any other conclusion.

I don't think you can blame McCoist for this one. He can try and advise Walter, but in the end Smith is responsible for the final decision. My heart can never stop supporting Rangers but my respect for Smith, which was not so very high has now somersaulted to virtually 0.0001% A league title is now a must for him to prove me wrong.

I never wanted him back and i have seen little improvement in the team to be honest. We just defend more. PLG could have played like that as well and steadied the ship.

I'm prepared, and entitled, to judge Miller. I will never accept him after his rabid badge thumping with that green and grey rag on his back, and I see this as reasonable justification. If you ever needed a definition of a football mercenary then it is Kenny Miller. He knows full well that he will not be welcomed by the fans but the money in his pocket will allow him to ignore that. I also think his performances do nothing to assuage these feeling, in the way that could at least be said of Mojo. Take these two things together and you have the reason why many fans just won't put up with this.

Where do you draw the line in your own particular patch of sand? When does the club go that little bit too far? When is blind loyalty just not enough?

I just don't get that part in bold - how can you judge him and compare him to Mojo before he has even kicked a ball for us ?

Football in general these days is mercenary, and you know what ? Why not - these guys have a short career so why should they NOT go where the money is - although in Miller's case I am not so sure you are right - reports are saying he took a huge pay CUT to come to Rangers, which would actually suggest he is NOT mercenary.

Some fans are more fickle than players. I couldnt give a shit about his badge thumping - have said it time and time again that I would be more bothered if he DIDN'T badge thump when scoring for his CURRENT employers (at the time) against their BIGGEST rivals.

I just don't get that part in bold - how can you judge him and compare him to Mojo before he has even kicked a ball for us ?

Football in general these days is mercenary, and you know what ? Why not - these guys have a short career so why should they NOT go where the money is - although in Miller's case I am not so sure you are right - reports are saying he took a huge pay CUT to come to Rangers, which would actually suggest he is NOT mercenary.

Some fans are more fickle than players. I couldnt give a shit about his badge thumping - have said it time and time again that I would be more bothered if he DIDN'T badge thump when scoring for his CURRENT employers (at the time) against their BIGGEST rivals.

Yes Craig a footballers career is short but who gave them the gods given right to be able to retire at 30+. If my boss sacks me tomorrow then i have to go out and find another job. We all choose a career line but if that line falls short then we have to be flexible to change coarse. Sorry i don't buy that,that a football player has the gods given right to stop work at 30+.

The greed of football players will ruin the game at some point.

Ronaldo 230.000 a week is beyond belief.

Yes Craig a footballers career is short but who gave them the gods given right to be able to retire at 30+. If my boss sacks me tomorrow then i have to go out and find another job. We all choose a career line but if that line falls short then we have to be flexible to change coarse. Sorry i don't buy that,that a football player has the gods given right to stop work at 30+.

Eh ? I am not saying they should retire at 30+ Pete - but their talent means that they likely will retire from the game which pays them at 35 or thereabouts - so during the time when they are using their best talent and most profitable one, why shouldn't they milk it financially ? It is their prerogative.

I disagree too about the players ruining the game due to wage demands - it is the clubs financiers you need to look at - players will only get paid what clubs are prepared to pay them - so if Real Madrid or any other team are prepared to pay Ronaldo 230k a week is not his fault, it is theirs for offering it to him.

I dont see what the issue is here - players DO have a right to seek out the best financial package available to them (when not under contract or when their current employers are prepared to let them leave) so why shouldnt they ?

The same happens in all walks of life - many of us do the same thing every now and again, yet we think that there should be a rule for football players which is different for ourselves ? Not in my book - I think they are justly entitled to look out for themselves - clubs do not show hardly any player loyalty these days, so why should players show that same loyalty back to the club ?

Not sure about this, I do think and believe that there should be a cap on wages players are paid, regardless of whose fault it is.

The money nowadays is just ridiculous. Players can earn more in a week than most people can earn in a lifetime....

It is the fault of Sky and there compatriots throughout the world, and also people like Abramovich, Gillette/Hicks etc etc who play with institutions like toy trains.

Footballers are not to blame, I mean if someone offered you twice the pay and better incentives, are you saying you would not move jobs?

Football has now become a global money machine, and it will be abused as such. It is not the same "beautiful game" we all want back. That I am afraid is a thing of history. It will ofcourse impload when the money starts to level out and there is no quick profit to be made.

Guest Ibroxian

It already has ruined football Pete, good post BTW. It's ruined it to the extent where there's not a home nation team at Euro 2008, it's not even the World Cup FFS.

It's also noticeably ruined it to the obvious notice that a large majority of goals are being scored by players who play and score regularly in the Premiership which also shows that our home grown boys are falling well behind in the talent stakes.

Back on topic, I am surprised that ANY player should ever play for one of the Old Firm and later play for the other, to be accepted by either must be nigh on impossible. I think it's sick and perverted and a piss take at both Celtic and Rangers by only a reasonably talented player and ill advised manager and board, IMHO, regardless of money. It's not like he's Ronaldo FFS so why go through all the hassle?