Scolari New Chelsea Manager

Chelsea TV and http://www.chelseafc.com can exclusively reveal the following statement:

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that Luiz Felipe Scolari will be the club's new manager from July 1, 2008.

Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level, he gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

Out of respect for his current role as Head Coach of the Portuguese national team, and to ensure minimum disruption to this work, there will be no further comment from Chelsea FC nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences.

I thought they may have gone for Zola, or think he will manage them one day. I think he has his badges but no idea if he has actually managed a club yet.

Side note, but read Cantona has said he wouild like to manage Manure....

I think Deco will be a banker to sign for Chelsea, with Lampard moving on now!

Imagine Ronaldo going to Chelsea!!!

It does look as if Lampard may be on his way out. Im always undecide about Deco tbh

No way Ronaldo would go to Chelsea IMO, if he leaves, its gonna be for Real isnt it. �£200k a week is just fuckin ridiculous though!

For some reason I just get the feeling he wont be there too long.

It will be interesting to see how he does at club level, he is succesful at internationals.

He is fairly successful at club level as well. Won about 9 or 10 trophies in Brazil including 2 south american versions of the champions league with 2 different teams.

I think he will do well there and i think Chelsea will play some brilliant football under him.