Murray makes clearest hint yet that club is for sale...

Yeah, I believe that a 'consortium' is most likely and wouldn't rule out the RST being part of any consortium....

Cammy F

Mayeb not heavily financially but one would hope that any new regime would elect an RST representative to the board of directors - the RST would give the board an insight to the fans viewpoint and what expectations/hopes the fans have on many different fronts (for a good starting point one should read Cammy's "letter" to DM about the various things which need change/improvement)

Just had a thought and could be completely off base with this...

Dm will have owned Rangers for 20 years in 2009 (which is when he said would be enough for anyone and he would look to sell).

To me at least it looks like he has had this intention for quite some time - PLG signed pretty much because he liked Bain (why ?!?!?!) and DM. PLG's contract is a 3 year contract which runs till 2009. Coincidence that PLG's contract expires at the same time in which DM is looking to possibly sell ?

Surely he will keep to his word and only sell to the right people, with Rangers at heart.I know business is business but i think he would like to walk away from Ibrox knowing he could return, as a fan,guest any time in the future without getting a hard time from the fans or press........!!!!!

seriously buba ? Hopefully not - they would take us into ruination most likely.

Harsh. Admittedly they're loud American brash Yanks (Or at least that's how our media portrays them) but they aren't amateurs in this field and Man Utd look financially solid at the moment.

They're multi-multi millionaires etc and you don't get that far if you're poor in your business.

Just had a thought and could be completely off base with this...

Dm will have owned Rangers for 20 years in 2009 (which is when he said would be enough for anyone and he would look to sell).

To me at least it looks like he has had this intention for quite some time - PLG signed pretty much because he liked Bain (why ?!?!?!) and DM. PLG's contract is a 3 year contract which runs till 2009. Coincidence that PLG's contract expires at the same time in which DM is looking to possibly sell ?

What are you saying here, that DM is is gonna sell to PLG? Or Bain? Or...?

What are you saying here, that DM is is gonna sell to PLG? Or Bain? Or...?

Possibly that DM AND PLG knew DM's intentions when PLG signed on the dotted line.

DM might have got PLG to sing a 3 yr contract that gives PLG a parachute if, at the end of his contract (which looks like it could coincide with DM's departure), he doesn't like the new owner

Harsh. Admittedly they're loud American brash Yanks (Or at least that's how our media portrays them) but they aren't amateurs in this field and Man Utd look financially solid at the moment.

They're multi-multi millionaires etc and you don't get that far if you're poor in your business.

Danny, I don't doubt their business acumen. However, their expertise is not in sports, and most certainly not in football.

However, take a look at the achievements that they have had with their sporting affiliations (actually just the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they haven't been with Man U for long enough to warrant judgement).

Yes, they took the Buccaneers to the Superbowl and they won that for the first time in franchise history - but they spent a TON of money doing so and as quickly as they won it they became one of the worst franchises in the league. Since their SB victory they have been a shadow of their former selves.

Turning to Man U - Man U are financially solid because of what was built up BEFORE they took over - my numbers could be skewed but they bought Man U and paid for it with over 70% of debt - 70% of debt which then needs to be serviced - give that one 5 years and I reckon we could very well see fall-out from it.

Personally I don't care if they come from Timbuktoo and my comments were not derived from their nationality or personality.

Everyone has their own opinion and, for this Bear, the Glazer's are not the answer. Now, the Kraft family that owns the New England patriots.... they are a different matter altogether and I would love to see them invest in Rangers !