WHY did we deserve to go through ?

Some of our other results ? You mean losing twice to Italy means we deserved to go through ahead of them ?

Course you are entitled to your opinion, whoever daid you werent ? But the facts showed that Italy didnt even need to beat us at Hampden to go through, therefore that free-kick became irrelevant (although it might not have from a French perspective !).

Sometimes top teams do just enough and sometimes that is good enough. Just because they SHOULD play better doesnt mean they dont deserve to qualify though.

I am happy they are out too by the way.

WHY did we deserve to go through ?

Some of our other results ? You mean losing twice to Italy means we deserved to go through ahead of them ?

Course you are entitled to your opinion, whoever daid you werent ? But the facts showed that Italy didnt even need to beat us at Hampden to go through, therefore that free-kick became irrelevant (although it might not have from a French perspective !).

Sometimes top teams do just enough and sometimes that is good enough. Just because they SHOULD play better doesnt mean they dont deserve to qualify though.

I am happy they are out too by the way.

I'm Scottish Craig, would you rather see Italy or France in Euro 08 rather than us. I know my answer to that.

;)

I'm Scottish Craig, would you rather see Italy or France in Euro 08 rather than us. I know my answer to that.

;)

Being Scottish doesnt automatically mean we deserve to be in the finals Hurlock.

My point is not about nationality or patriotism - I wanted us to be at Euro 2008 as much as anyone.

My point though was as to why (or otherwise) the Italians didn't desevre to be there - they got more points than us, so DID deserve to be there in my opinion.

Nothing to do with nationality.

They deserved to be there more than we did, and more than France did. Did they finish above us in the group ? Yep, which means they deserved it more than us.

But since they DID get there they have been pretty poor ! :D

youve been out in the sun too long mate. they ripped us off in italy with their diving antics and who could forget the tackle on hutton that THEY got a free kick from and ultimately scored from.

The slimeball pussy assed cheating wop fucks got what they deserved.

youve been out in the sun too long mate. they ripped us off in italy with their diving antics and who could forget the tackle on hutton that THEY got a free kick from and ultimately scored from.

LMFAO Post of the day :D

Excellent stuff and agree totally.

France didnt deserve to be there either and showed it all the more in their performances.....

Dissappointed at the Italians going out, really wanted them to win this tournament. Luca Toni is fucking quality, leave him alone.......

How many goals did he score again? :moon:

Utter pish.

They beat us in Italy, simple. At Hampden it was never a free-kick, I agree - never disputed it. However, even if they didnt get the goal from that free kick and the game ended in a draw then they still beat us by 2 points.

Jon, Post of the day should be when someone talks sense, not simply because they agree with your flawed logic.

I happen to agree with him, and the post of the day remark was with regard the last sentence lol

I happen to believe the away game was close, I could be wrong but was it 2-0 with 2 Pirlo free kicks? I could be wrong but cant be bothered to check. I think we matched them in that game and were unlucky tbh. Just my opinion of course.

Everyone I think agrees that in our game it was NEVER a free kick but it did get them the winning goal.

I dont see it as flawed logic. My point is simple. Out of all of the teams in that group, I BELIEVE (only my opinion) that we deserved far more out of that group than either France or Italy...

I think Miller had a chance in the away game to put us 1 up did he not ? Regardless though, being unlucky doesnt equate to being more deserving !

Yes, the free-kick DID get them the winning goal, I never disputed that and I didn't dispute that it shouldn't have been given - it was obviously a foul on Hutton. However, if you took that goal away from them they STILL would have had more points than us !

OK, so just WHY do you think we deserved to qualify ahead of France and Italy considering they BOTH ended up with more points than us ??? Sorry, but I just don't get it Jon. How can we be more deserving given we finished behind both of them ? Because we beat France twice ? Because we lost to Italy twice ? Because we were the underdogs and came so close ?

gisabeer...... the "utter pish" statement was meant in jest - apologies if offended