Shock as Stevie Frail is sent home by Hearts

STEVIE FRAIL'S future at Hearts was hanging in the balance last night after he was banished from pre-season training.

The Jambos caretaker boss arrived for work at Tynecastle yesterday and was immediately ordered home after a shock summit with football consultant Anatoliy Korobochka.

Frail declined to comment on the development, which came on the same day Romanov lost PR chief Charlie Mann.

Even senior Hearts sources were stunned by the decision to relieve Frail of his duties. They remain in the dark about the reasons behind his removal and it's understood he has been told to stay away for at least the next few days.

Tynecastle insiders believe Romanov could be clearing the decks ahead of appointing a new boss, although Vladimir Weiss is set to follow Mark McGhee and snub his advances when he becomes Slovakia coach. They also fear Frail could pay the price for some unknown slight against Romanov but that would be harsh.

The Jambos coach has been frustrated but has been at pains never to offer wounding public criticism of his paymaster.

Hearts declined to comment last night but one player said: "Shaggy has worked tirelessly for this club and to be sent home like that is shameful and shows disrespect."

The news on Frail came as Mann announced he will no longer be part of the Lithuanian's inner sanctum following a restructuring of Romanov's PR set-up.

The Hearts owner planned to switch the contract with Mann's employers, Weber Shandwick, from an annual retainer to an hourly fee.

But the company baulked at the change and have become dismayed with Romanov's strategy of non-communication.

Mann, a respected figure in media circles, has worked with Romanov for almost four years.

What a joke Hearts have become under Romanov. Murray certainly has a lot of faults but i hope to god he does not sell the club to an idiot as Romanov.

I don't know if Frail was equipped to be the permanent manager but he should be treated with respect by the club he has done his best for.

And they parted company with their PR people yesterday too although no-one knows why yet. You have to wonder what's going to happen next there. Was it not in January that Romanov announced he was going to appoint a new manager with experience of British football?

And they parted company with their PR people yesterday too although no-one knows why yet. You have to wonder what's going to happen next there. Was it not in January that Romanov announced he was going to appoint a new manager with experience of British football?

The thing is no manager worth his salt will work under the shadow of Romanov.

He says he will not interfere but i doubt that. Saying and doing are two different things.

They are now a complete and utter joke of a club and it is sad to see in a way. Untill they somehow manage to get shot of Mr Romanov they will remain a laughing stock. I have never been the greatest fan of the Club, but I do feel sorry for their supporters

but I do feel sorry for their supporters

Some of them I do..... but I have a Jambo supporting friend out here who simply will NOT believe that Romanov is bad for them

Those who are being blinded by his "moonbeams" (which has to be said are even worse than SDM's) deserve all they get.

Some of them I do..... but I have a Jambo supporting friend out here who simply will NOT believe that Romanov is bad for them

Those who are being blinded by his "moonbeams" (which has to be said are even worse than SDM's) deserve all they get.

Yeah there are still quite a few here too Craig that can't seem to see through Romanov and treat him as a messiah-like figure! They need to open their eyes!

in fairness they've seen more success (if more absurdity) under him than under anyone else in recent history.

They won the SC in 1998 which is reasonably recent - and obviously Romanov wasnt around then.

The only other success I can see in them is when they got 2nd spot to grab a CL berth - but we all know that was more down to our plight than any success of Romanov.

Their debt levels are astronomical and they have not brought in any players of note which he promised.

I can see what you are saying Barry and perhaps to an extent he has brought them more perceived success - but if I were a supporter of that club I would be worried !

They have been a laughing stock for 2 years now and its a shame. If there was 1 club who was capable of making the SPL a 3 horse race then its Hearts. They challenged in 1998 and have done so a couple of times in the last 5 years. If Burley had stayed in charge of them a few seasons ago I think they could have possibly won the league (We were poor that year)!!

I dont know what enters these guys heads other than dictation.

Another manager has turned them down due to Vlad's plan for transfers which is to continue to bring players to Tynecastle from his other two clubs.

Its hard to feel sorry for them given the bile that most of their fans spout about the OF, us in particular.