Beasley & Adam injured

Not heard anything yet except Beasley - Hamstring, Adam - Ankle. Hopefully not too serious and they'll both be back within a couple of weeks.

Still not the best in terms of preperation, all things considered :(

Missed the interview with WS on the feed I was listening to so didnt hear the reasons for CC and KL not being in the squad. Have been looking forward to seeing how KL does.

From what I listened to KM had a good game and should have scored. 1st pre-season game and a win, just unfortunate re the injuries.

Missed the interview with WS on the feed I was listening to so didnt hear the reasons for CC and KL not being in the squad. Have been looking forward to seeing how KL does.

Hopefully just down to squad rotation. It was good to see Furman given 20 mins though.

From what I listened to KM had a good game and should have scored. 1st pre-season game and a win, just unfortunate re the injuries.

It's all propeganda :lol

Seriously though, I have to agree. Looks like he's hit the ground running ...Just so long as he doesn't keep hitting the post ;)

Rangers pre-season preparations have been dealt a blow after winger DaMarcus Beasley was injured during the 1-0 friendly win over SC Preussen Munster.

The American, who missed six months of last season with knee ligament damage, had to be substituted late in the game.

"DaMarcus looks as though he has hamstring trouble and we're disappointed that's happened," manager Walter Smith told the club website.

Charlie Adam scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot.

The midfielder also sustained a knock during the match but his injury is not thought to be serious.

"Charlie also went over his ankle but he is okay and should clear up without too many problems," added Smith.

Smith handed a second Rangers debut to striker Kenny Miller at the Preussen Stadion and the manager was pleased with the Scotland forward's contribution.

Former Celtic man Miller, who played for Rangers between 2000 and 2001, rejoined the Ibrox club from Derby earlier this summer.

"Kenny did well for the team and had two or three really good chances that he might have converted.

"He hit the post just after the break and, all in all, played very well in his first outing for the side."

Another of Smith's summer signings, Kyle Lafferty, and defender Carlos Cuellar missed the match with minor knocks but both are expected to make quick recoveries.

More minor knocks :S Wonder why this wasn't released before the game. Hopefully the injury to Beasley wont be to serious. I may still think he's a little lightweight for us, but he does give us something different with his pace.

New signing Kyle Lafferty and last season's star man Carlos Cuellar sat out the game through injury but Smith hopes to have them back during their three-game spell in Germany.

"Kyle hurt his back in training this morning and had spasms so he was left out," Smith added.

"I don't know if he'll be fit for Wednesday's game at Sportfreunde Lotte or not.

"Carlos has a little bit of a calf problem. It is tight but nothing more than that so we are taking precautions with him too.

"If he ends up missing Wednesday's match, I think he will be okay for Saturday's meeting with Schalke."

This is just out on SkySports too. Hopefully both of them will recover and feature at some point.

Pete your well right about Beasley - so injury prone. I think its coz he is too lightweight. But then Darcheville is too bulky and gets injured due to that.

If we are going to get jinxed again with these injuries to add to the likes of Naismith and Burke who are out long term then Im baffled as to why we would let Buffel and Gow go. We obviously cant afford replacements.

I'd love to see young Fleck starting the new season on the left but Walter probably won't take that chance. Go on Walter, you're the man, take the risk. None of this Craig Brown-style giving someone their debut at 36 years of age crap.