Rangers told to pay up for Davis

Guest modman

Thanks, but no thanks.

He seems to be justifying his asking price on the fact they overpaid for him in the first place.

This highly rated player who did not make it into the 18 who thrashed the scum at the weekend, and was only used as a right midfield player in the previous game v Southend and was then switched to left midfield for the second half.

But Fulham still want �£4M for him as a quality centre midfield player.

Our price should actually be going down. There is no other interest in the player and he is clearly surplus to requirements at Fulham. A compromise could be that we take him on a season long loan deal with an agreed price at the end if he plays 30 games.

Thanks, but no thanks.

He seems to be justifying his asking price on the fact they overpaid for him in the first place.

This highly rated player who did not make it into the 18 who thrashed the scum at the weekend, and was only used as a right midfield player in the previous game v Southend and was then switched to left midfield for the second half.

But Fulham still want �£4M for him as a quality centre midfield player.

Our price should actually be going down. There is no other interest in the player and he is clearly surplus to requirements at Fulham. A compromise could be that we take him on a season long loan deal with an agreed price at the end if he plays 30 games.

That might be a way out. Fulham can afford to play hardball but I think SDM is banking on a last minute price reduction before Thursday night. Dangerous game if you ask me.

Davis isn't worth �£4million but we do certainly need a central midfield player.

As such, the extra money may be worth it as he is familiar with our set-up and expectations so would require less time to bed in.

Until we start getting linked with other central midfield players, Fulham will keep their price at �£4M. If they think they are about to lose out on �£3M and get an unwanted player off their books because we are about to sign another player or two, it might just prompt a phone call to get the deal back on. I am sure they would rather cash in than be stuck with a player they dont rate, and no other club seems to rate either.

Until we start getting linked with other central midfield players, Fulham will keep their price at �£4M. If they think they are about to lose out on �£3M and get an unwanted player off their books because we are about to sign another player or two, it might just prompt a phone call to get the deal back on. I am sure they would rather cash in than be stuck with a player they dont rate, and no other club seems to rate either.

I think a few other clubs have made offers but the 4mill is putting everyone off. He will go on the last day for around 3.2\3.5mill. Whether we wait that long remains to be seen.

I wasn't aware there were any concrete bids from other clubs. Only clubs that Fulham claim are interested in him, in a bid to get us to pay up. If there are other clubs genuinely interested then Fulham are probably correct to just wait it out until one of those clubs gets desperate and gives them the asking price.

Fulham know that Davis is a Gers fan and wants to come and the WS would be happy to sign him, all Davis needs to do is sit tight and turn down other clubs and Fulham will push him out the door.

WS gave an interview a couple of weeks back saying that this transfer could well rumble on right through the transfer window and that it probably will. It just the fact that BF is going to be out now that it's a position we're all desperate to see filled.

I for one hope that he's a Gers player by the 1st of September.