RANGERS' legend Brian Laudrup has admitted that he can't wait to pull on his boots tomorrow night and face Walter Smith's side at Broadwood.

Brian LaurdupJohn Brown, now the boss at Clyde, has managed to persuade his former Ibrox teammate, along with Jorg Albertz and Arthur Numan, to travel back to Scotland for the glamour friendly and the Great Dane is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces both on and off the pitch.

He said: "To play against Rangers will be something very special for me as I still love my old team.

"Bomber got in touch about two or three months ago and asked me about this game.

"I said yes straight away as it will be a great occasion but my only worry is that I can pick up the pace of the game quickly.

"I'll probably play for 45 minutes so we will wait and see how things go.

"But I'll give it my best shot and hopefully it will be a great day for Clyde and both sets of fans."

Laudrup, who was named by Pele as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers in March 2004 alongside his brother Michael, is expecting a bit of light-hearted stick from his former gaffer Walter Smith and his assistant Ally McCoist on the night.

He said: "It will be strange to pull on a Clyde jersey and run out to face Rangers but it is going to be a great night and it is fantastic for Bomber that he has been able to arrange a friendly like this.Brian Laudrup

"The pace of the game will obviously be very difficult for me to handle so my aim will be to get a few early touches and get involved as much as possible.

"Of course, if I can score that would be unbelievable but this will be a massive challenge as Rangers last season showed that they defend very well as a team with Davie Weir, Carlos Cuellar and Allan McGregor in terrific form.

"We will wait and see what happens but if I can find the net I know that Walter and Ally will give me a bit of stick from the Rangers dug-out. In fact they will probably do that anyway!"

Brian remains in contact with his nine-in-the row pals and insists he will always travel back to his adopted homeland to remember the great times he enjoyed in the blue of Rangers.

"I am still in touch with the Goalie a lot and, out of all the lads that played together during this era, he is the one I speak to the most although we do meet up as a group whenever we can.

"I always try to come back to Scotland at least once a year to attend a Rangers function because the memories I have from being at the club very special and it is important for me to keep them alive as long as possible."

There seems to have been hardly any close season. Nothing appealing about watching our team at the moment and no inspiring signings, so I won't be rushing along to watch. My first game will be the CL qualifier next week.

Actually change of plan

Me and my mate are going to it :) Going up by train, Johnstone to Central

Queen Street to Croy

WHat time does the ticket office close at ? 5 isn't it ? Need to go up and get tickets