The False Worship of Kenny Misser

We would have been better kepper Sebo than signing Miller. Sebo would have given more running and was much stronger.

And both of them had a shite scoring record and poor finishing - so it is hard to disagree with you Gribz !!

Guest bluenose1303

He looked "gutted" when he sat on the bench last night - maybe he realised that he should never have come back.:wanker:

However he did`nt look as gutted as i did on Friday 13th June.

He looked "gutted" when he sat on the bench last night - maybe he realised that he should never have come back.:wanker:

However he did`nt look as gutted as i did on Friday 13th June.

I thought his "performance" after being subbed was considerably better than when he was on the field of play.

But you do need players like Miller in your team at times when you play certain systems and against certain systems. FWIW I think he's a better option that JCD as he's fit for starters. But the problem comes when you play him up on hiw own or with little to no support. Then you can do all the grafting in the world, but when you put balls in to the box, there's no-one there to get on the end of them. You need to have strikers who complement each other.

The problem is that we should be creating many more chances than most of the opposition we'll meet in a season. Those chances should be coming from our midfield, but in lieu of that, as we saw last season, you have guys like JCD & Novo who get dragged wide a lot and try to create chances themselves, only to have no-one to aim for in the box. That's why I never really understood why we played one up top in many of last season's matches and then to make things worse would try to play high balls up to them as if we still had Hateley playing.

It was obvious that Miller would come in for stick and I agree that we should be aiming higher with our siging policy, but I think he's one of the few who is at least working hard and doing what is being asked of him by the manager.

But you do need players like Miller in your team at times when you play certain systems and against certain systems. FWIW I think he's a better option that JCD as he's fit for starters. But the problem comes when you play him up on hiw own or with little to no support. Then you can do all the grafting in the world, but when you put balls in to the box, there's no-one there to get on the end of them. You need to have strikers who complement each other.

The problem is that we should be creating many more chances than most of the opposition we'll meet in a season. Those chances should be coming from our midfield, but in lieu of that, as we saw last season, you have guys like JCD & Novo who get dragged wide a lot and try to create chances themselves, only to have no-one to aim for in the box. That's why I never really understood why we played one up top in many of last season's matches and then to make things worse would try to play high balls up to them as if we still had Hateley playing.

It was obvious that Miller would come in for stick and I agree that we should be aiming higher with our siging policy, but I think he's one of the few who is at least working hard and doing what is being asked of him by the manager.

Frankly, the last thing we needed was someone to chase crisp packets around the park. I know plenty of people who can run but none of them would solve Rangers' problems. He will make no better contribution than those we already had on the books but he has deprived us of a couple of million pounds and a huge wage bill. His "ability" to run all day is being lauded as some kind of virtue - why is this? I watched Sebo do exactly the same thing and it was pointless then but at least Smith didn't have to shell out new money for him.

If Jeffers or Ostenstad had speed and stamina, they would have been called Kenny Miller. Smith was well warned but his arrogance made him do it anyway. It was a big mistake and there is little to be gained from packaging it any other way.

We needed so much else in this team. Spending money on Miller and Lafferty was nothing short of incompetence.

Guest 5StarBear

Buying Miller is truly the worst piece of business that we have ever done.

The guy is absolutely useless. No question.

He was a joke with Septic, he was a joke at Derby.

Last night was his chance to win the fans over (well maybe some!) by putting in a performance coupled with some goals. He failed miserably again.

I'm dreading the weekend.