The False Worship of Kenny Misser

It seems that every football commentator in the country is on a mission to elevate Kenny Misser to heroic status. Even when he isn't actually doing anything they are assuring us that he will never complain. will run all night, always gives 100% effort, or some other meaningless twaddle. The question for me is .... why? Why this concerted effort on behalf of a striker who chases crisp bags but doesn't score goals? Why the united front, the prepared party line? Who are they all trying to impress, or protect? Is it Misser himself, or Walter, or who?

What I do know is that it is so obviously contrived. I find these little media arrangements quite nauseating. A bit like realising that the dinosaur is still manager, even after tonight when his inadequacies were laid bare for the whole world to see.

Guest damien

Rangers are seeing to it that he will be accepted. He's at the frontline of every news item concerning Rangers. Makes me sick.

The guy has played 8 games and still hasn't scored, Walter we told you this before you showed your contempt for the fans and still bought him.

While I agree with your comments, what I will say is how much support is Miller getting in his role. He's 'chasing crisp packets' because the service he is getting his woeful.

When the ball is played upto him he is doing his job in holding it up but there is no one to support him, the midfield is about 20 yards behind him.

I'm not Millers biggest fan but in this instance I feel for the guy. And the upshot of this is that his confidence will invariably suffer and he will snatch at any chances that come his way. Can see him becoming the scapegoat for Smiths tenure and summer signings.

Service is woeful but so is Miller. Quite simply he is not any better than the players we already had in that role so his purchase at �£2million was bordering on the criminal - even without the obvious problems it caused within the support.

Guest ackbar
Service is woeful but so is Miller. Quite simply he is not any better than the players we already had in that role so his purchase at �£2million was bordering on the criminal - even without the obvious problems it caused within the support.

Agree on both points Frankie, no service, no talent and a waste of money. He looks like a bin bag getting blown about the pitch at times and is really not the answer.

Hard to disagree on any of the points raised.

The League season hasn't even started and we are in meltdown. Also having just watched WS' interview on SSN, you can clearly see the disbelief in his eyes and hear it in his voice. He clearly thought that turning up was the ticket to the next round.

Time to think again WS, time to think again.

He clearly thought that turning up was the ticket to the next round.

Time to think again WS, time to think again.

Amen brother. The whole club's arrogant attitude led by a manager and chairman who have obvious contempt for the fans is the most upsetting thing about all of us.

Rangers will win and lose games against the best and worst of opposition. However, one thing that should never be questioned is commitment.

The fans have it. I'm not sure who else at Rangers nowadays.