Cuellar Fee Agreed with Villa - �£8million

Is it not true however that ENIC get a portion of our Euro revenue up to season 2009/2010 or there abouts as part of the deal that saw Murray buy out ENIC's shares?

EDIT:

I believe ENIC were promised a further payment of up to �£5.625m the next time Rangers qualified for the Champions League. That has already been paid.

why would the bringing in of a talented young footballer who is exactley what we need in terms of an attacking midfielder who can play in any forward position smash the backbone and spirit of the club?

Because

1) He played with them from the East End

2) He cannot play in any forward position, wide left usually and we have at least 3 who play there already

3) He is not "exactly what we need." We need a Central Midfielder who can roam forward.

Anyway i wrote smash the spirit of the fans, and not the club - those running the club couldn't give a flying f*ck about us.

Guest ackbar
Because

1) He played with them from the East End

2) He cannot play in any forward position, wide left usually and we have at least 3 who play there already

3) He is not "exactly what we need." We need a Central Midfielder who can roam forward.

Anyway i wrote smash the spirit of the fans, and not the club - those running the club couldn't give a flying f*ck about us.

1) Surely a footballer should be signed and judged on his qualities alone, not from where he has played?

2)Maloney can play any forward position,and has done with them. The main position he played was wide left but he has been deployed in all forward positions (including striker) at one time or another with celtic. We currently do not have a decent and fit recognised wide player at the club.

3)Fair point, although I reckon that he would make a great attacking midfielder in beihind the front two of a 'diamond' formation.

Good final point also, although I cant agree that signing a former celtic player should smash the spirit of the fans. Surely we are not that parochial?

If we are then I worry about the future even more. we are already in limited in the type of player that we can attract without that type of pettiness imo. just my opinion mind

1) Surely a footballer should be signed and judged on his qualities alone, not from where he has played?

nonsense. utter nonsense. we can get rid of the bigotry, but if rivalries don't mean anything then the whole game is pointless.

Good final point also, although I cant agree that signing a former celtic player should smash the spirit of the fans. Surely we are not that parochial?

mate, if we were all completely rational we probably wouldn't even support a football team at all.

Guest ackbar
nonsense. utter nonsense. we can get rid of the bigotry, but if rivalries don't mean anything then the whole game is pointless.

mate, if we were all completely rational we probably wouldn't even support a football team at all.

If you are happy for our club to not sign players who have played for celtic then that is your opinion and I respect that, but I find it totally narrow minded and gives the wrong impression on the subject of bigotry.

Apart from anything it is cutting of your nose to spite your face.

For me football and the football club is more important than any rivalry. I am a football supporter and I support my team, I am not a celtic hater who supports Rangers, I am a Rangers supporter full stop.

Since when is being rational dismissed as nonsence?

As far as I can see, other countries have rivalries but they still buy and sell players to each other.

It's extreme enough not to buy from your rivals but it's way over the top IMHO to a avoid a player because he USED to play for your rivals. I don't see why management should pander to that kind of perception from the support.

Maybe by smashing the sectarian "spirit" of the club, it can actually be in a position to move forward. In a European league we'd not have much room for that kind of rivalry with Celtic.

If you are happy for our club to not sign players who have played for celtic then that is your opinion and I respect that, but I find it totally narrow minded and gives the wrong impression on the subject of bigotry.

dont speak out both sides of your mouth mate. you don't respect someone's opinion by calling it narrow minded and bordering on bigotry.

For me football and the football club is more important than any rivalry. I am a football supporter and I support my team, I am not a celtic hater who supports Rangers, I am a Rangers supporter full stop.

the rivalry's part of the football club. i'm not a celtic hater either - stop trying to lump the world into two categories that you've suggested to make yourself look good.

there's not two groups rangers-lovers (like you) and celtic-haters (like me). you don't have to be more-of-a-celtic-hater-than-a-rangers-supporter to be animated by rivalry. it's part of the game.

Since when is being rational dismissed as nonsence?

it isn't. rivalry is irrational, but it's part of the game. no-one's dismissing rationality as nonsense.

As far as I can see, other countries have rivalries but they still buy and sell players to each other.

It's extreme enough not to buy from your rivals but it's way over the top IMHO to a avoid a player because he USED to play for your rivals. I don't see why management should pander to that kind of perception from the support.

thanks for your criteria on what counts as extremity.