Cuellar Fee Agreed with Villa - �£8million

Novo only has a year left on his contract which he had to fight for, I can see him leaving for some job security.

A good friend of mine suggests Novo wants an improved wage and so far it hasn't been forthcoming.

However, I believe his contract doesn't end for 2 years.

I think this shows that it was purely the big mans choice. If Rangers wanted money it would be far more lucrative to get him to sign a new contract with a far bigger get out clause and then sell him in January.

RANGERS' fans today called on Sir David Murray to stick to his word - and spend every penny of the �£8million sale of Carlos Cuellar to Aston Villa.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2423342.0.0.php

The pressure is really on SDM now to spend.

I cant blame Carlos one bit for moving to a top 6 Premier league club on 50k a week and jumping off our sinking ship - good luck to him.

Guest ackbar

I think that this is bad news although it was on the cards after last weeks result. I think that it leaves an ugly taste in the mouth given that the player stated his love for Rangers and that comments were made about us not selling players to offset the loss of Euro revenue.

Why does this club always treat us like mugs.

On the positive side it does allow us extra funds to solidify the team, although there are rumours of a 25% cut going to Osasuna. Anyone know if this is true?

Finally why didnt we ask for 7M plus Maloney?

1. Rumours Osasuna did have a sell-on %age but can't confirm.

2. Villa want �£3million for Maloney and I believe he's on record as saying he doesn't want to play for Rangers.