Firstly I refer to this song as Hullo Hullo and not TBB.

But can someone clarify the legal stance on this song for being banned for "Rangers fans" only??? What is it that is actually banned - ie. the tune, song or words?? And why do away fans get to chant the tune or change the words but are not even threatened with expulsion of competitions...and at the same time its a song that is perfectly allowed in other stadiums such as Old Trafford.

For me, id love to see Hullo Hullo back with the real Rangers words. This tune was an icon of the Rangers support and certainly the best song for the atmosphere at Ibrox.

I cant work out why this song gets singled out and banned yet others which are worse and not even rangers related only seem to get warnings at the worst - and thats not to even mention what our green friends on the east side come out with.

Sounds like discrimination to me!!!

Im all for it being brought back - its the one song that really gets the stadium rocking and makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. From what i've been told , the song is 100% banned and its due to the words . Changing the words wouldnt be too hard , but there would still be too many people singing the old version and getting us into trouble with UEFA again. I dont think this song will ever be brought back. Pish!

Simply The Best has been played in full again recently but you still get idiots singing f**k the pope and the IRA.

Im all for it being brought back - its the one song that really gets the stadium rocking and makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. From what i've been told , the song is 100% banned and its due to the words . Changing the words wouldnt be too hard , but there would still be too many people singing the old version and getting us into trouble with UEFA again. I dont think this song will ever be brought back. Pish!

Simply The Best has been played in full again recently but you still get idiots singing f**k the pope and the IRA.

Bold - yip 100% agree.

Total shame, we shouldnt stand for this. I also cant ever see it coming back which is not right.

Too right. It was the best song at the brox by a mile. I miss the days when the place used to rock to it. The illegal part is the ****** blood bit and unfortunately some morons aint gonna go along with a change.:sigh:

Firstly I refer to this song as Hullo Hullo and not TBB.

I would say Hullo Hullo was "hullo hullo how do you do we are the boys in royal blue", and the song you are referring to is the TBB, otherwise confusion creeps in. ;)

Billy Boys has been banned by UEFA and if you sing it at Ibrox you not only risk the team being fined further but you risk arrest.

It's a great song and the issue of the fen!an word is one that can be debated from here to eternity but as it stands the song is banned.

The double standards in the whole issue are shocking though.

To say the situation with the double standards is shocking is putting it mildly Frankie. Really don't know how it can possibly be rectified though. You've got the mhedia issue which it would seem is intrinsically linked with the current political situation in Scotland. Add to that the fact that the Catholic church has the means & ability to exercise it's huge influence in both the political & mhedia arenas & all of a sudden it's not so difficult to see what's actually going on. We don't 'necessarily' need to speak of agendas or conspiracies when it's so bloody obvious that Scottish politics and mhedia are being massively influenced by the catholic religion. What on earth are we supposed to do about that???