Your first team and formation

Their are a lot of posts flying around different topics about how we're going to set up when everyone is signed and fit.

The formations I've seen have been:

- Flat 4 4 2

- Diamond 4 4 2

- 3 5 2

- 4 5 1 / 4 3 3

All though I wasn't a fan of the 4 5 1 / 4 3 3 last season I believe we now have the players at our disposal to play this formation alot more successfully and pleasing to the eye. Also with the amount of midfielders we now have it'll be the easiest way to fit them in and keep unrest amongst the squad at a minimum.

My preferred fully fit first team would be:

..................................................McGregor

............................Whittaker.....Bouggera...Papac......Smith

............................Beasley..Thomson.Mendes.Fergie..Aarron

.................................................Lafferty

Their are a lot of posts flying around different topics about how we're going to set up when everyone is signed and fit.

The formations I've seen have been:

- Flat 4 4 2

- Diamond 4 4 2

- 3 5 2

- 4 5 1 / 4 3 3

All though I wasn't a fan of the 4 5 1 / 4 3 3 last season I believe we now have the players at our disposal to play this formation alot more successfully and pleasing to the eye. Also with the amount of midfielders we now have it'll be the easiest way to fit them in and keep unrest amongst the squad at a minimum.

My preferred fully fit first team would be:

..................................................McGregor

............................Whittaker.....Bouggera...Papac......Smith

............................Beasley..Thomson.Mendes.Fergie..Aarron

.................................................Lafferty

I really don't think Papac is a good centre half, mate. I've never seen him play well there. Not too convinced about Lafferty playing up himself, but never seen him play there so can't really comment. Beasley looks better on the left than the right IMO.

I would go:

McGregor

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Whittaker/Novo

Davis

Ferguson

Mendes

Beasley

Cousin

Or if going 4-4-2, bringing in Miller for Davis.

Not too happy with Broadfoot or Weir being there, but think that they are probably the best in their position. Can't bring in Edu or Aaron as I don't know anything about them. I'm assuming that Cousin was at his best and not being tempremental.

I really don't think Papac is a good centre half, mate. I've never seen him play well there. Not too convinced about Lafferty playing up himself, but never seen him play there so can't really comment. Beasley looks better on the left than the right IMO.

I would go:

McGregor

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Whittaker/Novo

Davis

Ferguson

Mendes

Beasley

Cousin

Or if going 4-4-2, bringing in Miller for Davis.

Not too happy with Broadfoot or Weir being there, but think that they are probably the best in their position. Can't bring in Edu or Aaron as I don't know anything about them. I'm assuming that Cousin was at his best and not being tempremental.

I can see your point about Papac he was a bit shaky at centre half, he was a bit dodgy at left back for the first couple of months aswell though. Maybe now he is settled in to a consistent performer he could make the position his own. I think we may sign a CH before the window closes which would see Stevie Smith with a real struggle on his hands to displace big Sasa.

I personally wouldn't have Cousin any where near a Rangers jersey again even though admittadly he is our best striker.

I've not seen Lafferty up top myself but he looks as if he possesses all of the qualities to be a success in that position. He is big strong can hold the ball up well and his a touch of pace about him.

I've not seen anything of Aaron either just stuck him in as im optimistic the lad will be a player :thup: ( Watch him flop now )

As with beasley on the right I think if you play the 4 5 1 it is important to maintain the width and players getting the bye line and getting crosses in is paramount. With Beasley on the left he would cut in to much and cut supply from the wide areas to Lafferty and supporting midfielders.

( Just on FF their and the Australian addition of fourfourtwo magazine is running with the story that Breciano is signing for us today :eek: Surely not !)

I'd be astonished if we signed Bresciano on top of Davis and Edu. Maybe in place of one of them but I can't see all three and Mendes being bought.

Of course if we've managed to secure decent prices for a few of our fringe players then it may happen. can't see much being brought in for Hemdani, JCD or Cousin but add Boyd to that list then any available funds rise again.

Oh, and can honestly admit, I really don't have a preferred team as it stands.

I suppose the closest I could get would be:

__________________McGregor___________________

Whittaker___Bougherra________AN Other_____Papac

Davis_______Mendes_________Thomson_____Beasley

_________Novo______________Lafferty____________

Obviously I'd prefer not to play Davis in right midfield and would rather we had a genuine goalscorer up front but that's as close as I can get.

The return of Ferguson and an in-form Boyd would be interesting.

-----Lafferty-Cousin-Beasley--------

----Thomson-Mendes-Ferguson----

-Papac-Bougherra-Weir-Whittaker--

------------McGregor--------------

I like the look of that team.

Until ive really seen Aaron Niguez and Edu play I cant decide. But I also think we can play the 4-5-1 a lot better this season with the options in midfield.

Also if Ferguson still has last seasons form then he wouldnt be in my team. I also think Hemdani would do very well in the same midfield as Mendes and perhaps Aaron - but the options are great.

_________________McGregor____________________

Whittaker_____Weir_______Bougherra________Papac

________Mendes___Ferguson___Thomson_________

_____Novo_________Cousin_______Beasley________

I like the look of that team.

Until ive really seen Aaron Niguez and Edu play I cant decide. But I also think we can play the 4-5-1 a lot better this season with the options in midfield.

Also if Ferguson still has last seasons form then he wouldnt be in my team. I also think Hemdani would do very well in the same midfield as Mendes and perhaps Aaron - but the options are great.

_________________McGregor____________________

Whittaker_____Weir_______Bougherra________Papac

________Mendes___Ferguson___Thomson_________

_____Novo_________Cousin_______Beasley________

I like the look of that team aswell. After the Scottish cup Semi though I wouldn't have Cousin in a Gers top again.

I don't blame people for picking Cousin. On form (both physically and mentally) he is arguably our most complete striker - especially playing up there on his own if required.

However, I have serious doubts about his commitment and just can't see the lad playing for us again.

I don't blame people for picking Cousin. On form (both physically and mentally) he is arguably our most complete striker - especially playing up there on his own if required.

However, I have serious doubts about his commitment and just can't see the lad playing for us again.

Agree with all of that, unfortunately.