Your first team and formation

I really don't think Papac is a good centre half, mate. I've never seen him play well there. Not too convinced about Lafferty playing up himself, but never seen him play there so can't really comment. Beasley looks better on the left than the right IMO.

I would go:

McGregor

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Whittaker/Novo

Davis

Ferguson

Mendes

Beasley

Cousin

Or if going 4-4-2, bringing in Miller for Davis.

Not too happy with Broadfoot or Weir being there, but think that they are probably the best in their position. Can't bring in Edu or Aaron as I don't know anything about them. I'm assuming that Cousin was at his best and not being tempremental.

You would drop Thomson ? I think Thomson will be a revelation this year and his partnership with Mendes already looks very good after Saturday. I would have Ferguson, Mendes and Thomson and would drop Davis from that starting line-up.

Would play Whittaker at RB for a run of games too.

You would drop Thomson ? I think Thomson will be a revelation this year and his partnership with Mendes already looks very good after Saturday. I would have Ferguson, Mendes and Thomson and would drop Davis from that starting line-up.

Agree with all of that. I like Davis but really think the other 3 should get a place before him. I can see all 4 playing though and Davis being shunted out to the right.

McGregor

Whittaker Webster Bougharra Smith

----------Thompson

-----Davies --------Ferguson

---------- Mendes

-------Valucka ---- Lafferty

think that team has mobility and grit in midfield and in most games we could have two wingbacks providing width. either thomson or ferguson could sit in and the rest of the midfield play wee pretty triangle passes generally going forward.

McGregor

Whittaker Webster Bougharra Smith

----------Thompson

-----Davies --------Ferguson

---------- Mendes

-------Valucka ---- Lafferty

think that team has mobility and grit in midfield and in most games we could have two wingbacks providing width. either thomson or ferguson could sit in and the rest of the midfield play wee pretty triangle passes generally going forward.

I like the look of that formation too - the only thing I would worry about is the lack of width, especially as we have Beasley and now Aaron who could provide that. That said, Mendes looks like he has vision so perhaps he could open up defences through the middle.

Must admit a potential midfield of Mendes,Fergie and Thomson has me salivating, whether as part of a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3. Certainly don't think we need 4-5-1 for most SPL games though. Only problem is if we play 4-4-2 we have to leave out one of them. Not a problem till Barry comes back though. Wouldn't it be great to see him fight for his place?

TBH i was tempted to leave Thomson out of my team aswell and put Davis or Aaron in, but I dont know exactly what il be getting from Aaron. But Thomsons dirty work will be needed in a lot of games and id allow the other 2 central midfielders to get as forward as much as possible.

As for Cousin, I was only putting him in the team based on him playing at the top of his game. If not then its 1 from Velicka, Lafferty or Miller for me.