WS: We are over Euro exit....

Let's not talk about it any more. Aye Walter, as long as you're over it I suppose we'll have to be.

You know, a simple apology for the gross mistakes the rest of us can see clearly would have been more welcome but the old fool just can't wait to sweep it under the carpet.

I'm not sure a grovelling apology to the fans for a terrible result is the way forward.

I imagine Walter is hurting at least every bit as much as the rest of us and the most positive action from him would be to use it as a spur to ensure future success.

I'm not sure a grovelling apology to the fans for a terrible result is the way forward.

I imagine Walter is hurting at least every bit as much as the rest of us and the most positive action from him would be to use it as a spur to ensure future success.

Who mentioned grovelling? Surely an acknowledgement that they got it wrong would have built a few bridges?

He only needs to tell the mhedia he does not want to talk about it.

It works for other manager's/CEO'S.

If he does talk about it, as maineflyer says he only needs to ackowledge that he got it wrong.

Surely there has been more than one explicit acknowledgement of the failure? And the biggest implied acknowledgement is the recent spending spree on a midfield.

How much acknowledgement do we need?

I think Walter is trying to say that he and the players messed up badly, but they've learned from it, there is nothing they can do now about it, bar win the league, so it's now time to let it go and put all the focus into the task at hand, before the continuous replaying of the memory festers and affects our performances.

It's like a centre half getting a yellow card, he can't afford to dwell on it too much or it will affect his play.

Walter has pretty much got a yellow card which means he needs to get to the end of the season without earning another one which will cost him his job. But like the CH he can't afford to dwell on it.

Surely there has been more than one explicit acknowledgement of the failure? And the biggest implied acknowledgement is the recent spending spree on a midfield.

How much acknowledgement do we need?

I think Walter is trying to say that he and the players messed up badly, but they've learned from it, there is nothing they can do now about it, bar win the league, so it's now time to let it go and put all the focus into the task at hand, before the continuous replaying of the memory festers and affects our performances.

It's like a centre half getting a yellow card, he can't afford to dwell on it too much or it will affect his play.

Walter has pretty much got a yellow card which means he needs to get to the end of the season without earning another one which will cost him his job. But like the CH he can't afford to dwell on it.

Maybe I missed it and if I did then fair enough, I'm wrong - but can you give one instance when Walter has actually said he got it wrong against the Lithuanians or, by implication, in his signing priorities before that game? When Walter says he thinks it's time to move on, I think he means that he thinks it's time to move on. I don't think he is saying anything about having got it wrong.

Don't know about anyone else, but I am not over it. Put out by a 3rd rate team from a 4th rate league.

Cloaks, daggers, Smoke screens and crap like this being said by the Manager is a total nonsense.

Why does he not have the balls to say "I am gutted, and I will ensure that being beat by a very poor team that put us out of Europe and lost us 12 million quid will now act as a spur to get the League back to Ibrox"

I would rather hear that than the dribble he has said in this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7571455.stm

I respectfully disagree. For me, Walter is saying all the right things at a time when he's being asked a lot of idiotic questions by the press. I'm not saying he hasn't made tactical mistakes because I think fielding a team that includes Miller & McCulloch is a gross error, but if WS is asked these stupid questions he's got to stand tall and not seem like he's ready to cave in, loose his balls & start greeting. He honestly deserves our respect imo & he's gonna have mine until the day he hands over to someone else.