WS: We are over Euro exit....

Don't know about anyone else, but I am not over it. Put out by a 3rd rate team from a 4th rate league.

Cloaks, daggers, Smoke screens and crap like this being said by the Manager is a total nonsense.

Why does he not have the balls to say "I am gutted, and I will ensure that being beat by a very poor team that put us out of Europe and lost us 12 million quid will now act as a spur to get the League back to Ibrox"

I would rather hear that than the dribble he has said in this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7571455.stm

"It'll always be a huge regret of those involved, but I now feel we've moved on and can get on with our season."

That's fine by me as he's talking about the management team/players. I think the rest of it goes without saying.

Of course Walter Smith and certain players will carry the can for the Kaunas debacle and I certainly will never forget that embarrassment and negligence. However, we now have to move on and ensure the team is supported so we can win back the title and minimise any financial pain.

The Euro nights will be murder as Bluedell said especially when I see all the headlines the scum will be getting for theirs. I will never forget how bad the result or performances were either like Frankie said but it's over nothing can be done and we must move on and hopefully we are over it and also use it as a spur like you said so we can win the league back.

In any sport psychology it will tell you that you are more likely to play well if you don't dwell on past mistakes and also if you don't think of future consequences.

We obviously did the latter in the Kaunas game and paid the price. You have to focus on the now and take each game as if it's the only one that counts.

That's why managers and players talk about taking one game at a time and why they don't, for instance, like talking about cup semi-finals just before a league game.

It's is far better for the management and players to let go of the Kaunas debacle and concentrate on the league.

I've heard Tiger woods has an imaginary line, two yards in front of every shot. Once he steps over that imaginary line, he deliberately let's go the last stroke whether it was good, bad or indifferent. It becomes no longer relevant to the next shot which is a challenge unto itself.

Of course we have to learn from our mistake and do our best to ever prevent it from happening again but to continue to dwell on it will only harm our chances in the competitions we have left.

I guess the point I am making is that all the new signings coming in too late, and the sale of Cuellar on top of the debacle in Kaunus can WS and the players/Management really come out and say that they are over it.

Sport Psychology is a great tool.... but when I was young I was told if you fall off, get back on and do better. Now that is what I want from the team, but I sure as hell don't think that they should forget it, but rather use it as a spur to better themselves.

Always remember how bad it feels to be last/second whatever..... because you will never want it again.

Guest ecosse1

For those of a certain generation (and please don't assume I am one) they still relive Berwick !!!!

I know that's extreme, however mibbee if WS showed more empathy for the fans and came out and fessed up to having made a right cock up of the whole fixture then fans would move on more easily.

I agree with the comments , we have to move and we will dread CL nites, not to mention the obvious lost cash ....grrr arghhhh !!!!

I am getting angry again ;-)

Let's not talk about it any more. Aye Walter, as long as you're over it I suppose we'll have to be.

You know, a simple apology for the gross mistakes the rest of us can see clearly would have been more welcome but the old fool just can't wait to sweep it under the carpet.