Edu Granted Work Permit

Just out of interest what was your view of Hemdani a couple of seasons ago when everyone raved about him?

Very similar to my view on Thomson. Very much needed in Europe when we are playing against better opposition, but that type of player just doesn't contribute enough to the team when we are playing against inferior opposition. I'm not saying that they aren't trying, they are, it's just the type of player that they are.

Very similar to my view on Thomson. Very much needed in Europe when we are playing against better opposition, but that type of player just doesn't contribute enough to the team when we are playing against inferior opposition. I'm not saying that they aren't trying, they are, it's just the type of player that they are.

Fair do's, I can understand your view better now as I was one of the few not convinced when Hemdani was getting ott praise at the time.

Still think Thomson offers more, especially in the blood and guts football of the SPL, however I do to an extent see your point about midfielders needing to have an attacking element to the game against "weaker" opposition.