Edu Granted Work Permit

How they could have refused anyone who is going to appear on the front of next year's FIFA game?

Good news.

The FIFA thing is actually an interesting point. IIRC it's only the American market version he will appear on the front of but even so that should raise our profile somewhat in North America.

I think the lad will prove a useful signing and his aggression/strength will take the pressure of Thomson IMO. When Thomson missed games last year, it really showed as we had no suitable replacement. Now we have! :cool:

The FIFA thing is actually an interesting point. IIRC it's only the American market version he will appear on the front of but even so that should raise our profile somewhat in North America.

I think the lad will prove a useful signing and his aggression/strength will take the pressure of Thomson IMO. When Thomson missed games last year, it really showed as we had no suitable replacement. Now we have! :cool:

Didn't know that it was only the North American version. Very low sales then, I assume.

I'm hoping that he is better than Thomson and can take his place in the team.

I didn't think it was ever in doubt with him being a first choice international and in the Olympic team.

I'll bet he doesn't play tomorrow though as they reckon it will take a couple of working days to get it rubber stamped. As such the reports imply he's not due in to Glasgow till next week to give him time to sort out his personal business before he immigrates.

don't you think thomsons good enough?

Don't think he offers the team that much, mate. We need our midfielders to be creative and he isn't. There are games that he plays well, or we need that type of player, but generally I'm not a huge fan. I'd much rather we had signed Brown than him. :o

Don't think he offers the team that much, mate. We need our midfielders to be creative and he isn't. There are games that he plays well, or we need that type of player, but generally I'm not a huge fan. I'd much rather we had signed Brown than him. :o

Not sure I agree BD.

If we play with a midfield 3 (or is that 5) with Mendes, Beasley, Novo, Davis etc etc then I think we would need the workhorse type that Thomson is.

Also, I don't think it is too much of a surprise that Thomson had one of his best games in a long time last week whilst playing beside Mendes - he was breaking up play but getting forward much more too. I have to admit that I like Thomson as a player.

One thing though - you said that you hoped Edu would replace Thomson - Edu is a defensive midfielder so not sure that he would bring the creativity that you desire.

Thomson is a Stuart McCall type player - quiet, unsung, hard-working and effective. At 2 mill I reckon we got a much better deal than Celtic did for Brown (watched him on TV against St Mirren and he was no better than Thomson IMO)