Team for Sunday

Guest Mac

Where has all the worry about Broadfoot come from all of a sudden? He hasn't done too badly playing at RB so far for me. Anytime Whittaker has played there he looks shaky and takes too many chances trying to dribble out of defence. Also the suggestion of Dailly by someone( can't remember who now!) - give me a break. Imagine Dailly up against Mcgeady or Maloney. Frightening isn't the word. I have to say I'm not that confident going into this game.

Where has all the worry about Broadfoot come from all of a sudden? He hasn't done too badly playing at RB so far for me. Anytime Whittaker has played there he looks shaky and takes too many chances trying to dribble out of defence. Also the suggestion of Dailly by someone( can't remember who now!) - give me a break. Imagine Dailly up against Mcgeady or Maloney. Frightening isn't the word. I have to say I'm not that confident going into this game.

My concern over Boradfoot is the manner in which he was taken to the cleaners by Mcgeady in a couple of games last season. Would Whittaker fare better ? I don't know. Would Dailly ? Definitely not IMO.

I am not concerned about the game to be honest - they are not a good team so we have nothing to fear.

Yip, Macs team for me. If we do play one up front, Big Kyle looks as if he has all the attributes necessary for the lone striker role. Height, mobility, technical ability, pace and energy.

I'm pretty confident we can get a win on sunday. The septic are average at best. Their reliance on teams/players feeling inTIMidated when they play in the piggery is their main weapon IMO.

If we go there and play with the same urgency and quality like we did at the sheep, I'm confident we can get a positive result. Of course it'll have to last ninety minutes and not just the forty five, as was the case on saturday.

So c'mon watty, let's get in about this s***e and show them who's boss. :box:

NO SURRENDER. WATP. :rfc:

My concern over Boradfoot is the manner in which he was taken to the cleaners by Mcgeady in a couple of games last season. Would Whittaker fare better ? I don't know. Would Dailly ? Definitely not IMO.

I am not concerned about the game to be honest - they are not a good team so we have nothing to fear.

I think that there is every chance that Whittaker would struggle as much as Broadfoot, even more so probably. the benefit of Whittaker is from an attacking perspective obviously. It's a case of weighing the twio against each other.

On balance, I'd go for Broadfoot, which doesn't give me a great deal of pleasure to say.

I'm confident going into this game because they are a poor team. My concerm is like Craig's, Broadfoot got made to look like a fool by Macdonald with him falling all over the place winning loads of freekicks to allow them to stick in crosses. This is their best way of scoring against us and they know it. Broadfoot has had some decent games at RB (although some won't admit it) and i believe WS will play him at RB but this would be our weak link to allow them to win freekicks and try get him sent off.

1-3 to the Bears :cheers:

I think that there is every chance that Whittaker would struggle as much as Broadfoot, even more so probably. the benefit of Whittaker is from an attacking perspective obviously. It's a case of weighing the twio against each other.

On balance, I'd go for Broadfoot, which doesn't give me a great deal of pleasure to say.

I think SW has a wee bit more pace than KB. I'd hope that would help in dealing with the wee rebel turncoat.

Entirely the point of my OF post.

It's all very well harping on about 4-5-1 but we lack the key player to make it work.

Surely the one player who can make 4-5-1 work (because he did it in europe last season) is JCD. BUT - he can only give us 70 mins at best, so the question is, who comes on? IMO the only way Miller can be accomodated is if he is played up with Boyd and WS won't play with those two at CP I'm sure. Think Lafferty may still be unfit but I'd like to see him given a chance in the lone striker role.

Glad to see someone sticking up for Broadfoot. The stick he's taken - especially on the 606 forum - is shameful. People forget he's out of position at RB and has done a decent job IMO at CB. something about the RB spot and gers fans - think Mo Ross,Hutton, Bob Malcolm - some don't seem to like it if we play a youth from our ranks. Hutton had to show great strength of character to survive and I think Broadfoot will prosper once he remembers he's not Beckenbaur.

Glad to see someone sticking up for Broadfoot. The stick he's taken - especially on the 606 forum - is shameful. People forget he's out of position at RB and has done a decent job IMO at CB. something about the RB spot and gers fans - think Mo Ross,Hutton, Bob Malcolm - some don't seem to like it if we play a youth from our ranks. Hutton had to show great strength of character to survive and I think Broadfoot will prosper once he remembers he's not Beckenbaur.

Bob Malcolm never played at RB, did he? :confused::eek: