Memo to SDM & WS

Guest ecosse1

Guest ecosse1

Memo to remind you, CL draw today scum V Man U...

Just to say you may be over Kaunas, but days like today re-open a very sore wound for fans.

aye it will take a little more time for fans to get over that cock up.

:(:ffs:

Just to say you may be over Kaunas, but days like today re-open a very sore wound for fans.

Wasting your time mate. What do they care about fans or their opinions?

100% agree. This is one of the biggest days of the season. Nothing like the anticipation before a CL draw. :mad:

Smith has a lot to answer for and a lot to make up. Getting a result on Sunday would be a start.

i'll not get over it for the rest of the season at least and i'm gutted watching the draw but i certainly hope the players are so we can win the league back. they have to move on and use it to spur them on there's nothing they can do about it now no matter how hard it was to take........

It is an important day in the football calender, and i agree with us not being there, it should spur us on to win the spl and the players owe the fans big time...

It's a sad fact of life, but a fact nevertheless, that players never feel they owe fans. The great majority offer media-speak platitudes but I seriously doubt if there is a player who loses sleep over what fans think.

They worry about what their agent is doing, they worry about their next contract, and they worry whether they're getting a game at the weekend. They worry about who their wife is shagging and they just might worry about their relationship with the rest of the squad but they do not worry about fans.

And therein lies the problem for the average supporter. We are driven by an entirely different set of values from the players but we still delude ourselves into thinking it is otherwise.

I think you're right, they do bloody owe us. But I also know that this is not a view shared among the players or the management. And that is one big reason why we were not in the CL draw today.

That's a valid point MF...

Nowadays many players lead their life in much different circles from the fans. Overly rich, overly worshipped and overly insulated from our opinions by not having to attend RSC functions and the like.

Time to get them back to the coal face alongside the fans who pay their wages so they're more than aware of what it feels like to be a genuine Ranger supporter.

That's a valid point MF...

Nowadays many players lead their life in much different circles from the fans. Overly rich, overly worshipped and overly insulated from our opinions by not having to attend RSC functions and the like.

Time to get them back to the coal face alongside the fans who pay their wages so they're more than aware of what it feels like to be a genuine Ranger supporter.

Frankie, your point about players attending supporters' function is spot on. Previous managers insisted on this. Jock Wallace in particular knew the value of it. But things have changed and the message from the very top is a very different one in New Rangers. I saw this point made in another forum and unashamedly offer it here as an astute example of what is wrong at Ibrox and the contempt in which we are held ....

Compare and contrast

Bheast FC Chairman waxing lyrical about his support and the ''Speshul Relayshunship'' they have with both Man Ure and Villearreal and how they are looking forward to the support getting on together.

Rangers FC Chairman goes on National TV telling all that we,the support,are the reason he can't sell the club after the events of Manchester,even though he knows fine well the charges against us are a pack of lies.

The problem is that SDM think he's a master of the art of spin.

Sure, he can do a good job sometimes (when it directly concerns his reputation usually) but generally the club PR is diabolical. When one considers we pay the best part of �£750K per year for this, once again the administration are letting us and the club down by not maximising the gains from it.