for ian - summary of goals

cousin - about 40 yards out and pretty much at the touchline he was running the ball seemingly into the corner, away from caldwell (i think). he was keeping a hold of the ball shoulder to shoulder - round about ten yards from the touchline he took at touch goalwards. caldwel lunged; cousin got away. with the penalty area being flooded, instead of cutting it back he slotted it past boruc at the front post.

miller - it looked like adam (i think) got brought down in the box, just at the left-hand corner, with his back to goal. ball fell out to thomson and he just swept it up quite high and across to the other side - it seemed to hang in the air for an eternity and as it dropped, km shaped up, quite like novo's last year, and rattled into the far post.

mendes - after a period of pressure we got a corner. penalty box was stowed with humanity. corner played along the deck out to mendes about 30 yards out and in line with the near post. without even taking a touch he stuck his foot right through it - went through someone's legs and straight into the bottom corner. from the corner to the shot, the ball never went over two feet from corner spot to bottom corner of the goal.

kenny miller 2 - broadfoot galloped down the right hand flank, as wide as is possible and right on the by-line. he swung the ball in with some venom, and boruc took it low and just dropped it at kenny miller's feet. time stood still. miller took two ridiculous touches and finally just stuck it away.

:thup:

that's from memory, though - i'm too excited to remember properly. :D

cousin - about 40 yards out and pretty much at the touchline he was running the ball seemingly into the corner, away from caldwell (i think). he was keeping a hold of the ball shoulder to shoulder - round about ten yards from the touchline he took at touch goalwards. caldwel lunged; cousin got away. with the penalty area being flooded, instead of cutting it back he slotted it past boruc at the front post.

miller - it looked like adam (i think) got brought down in the box, just at the left-hand corner, with his back to goal. ball fell out to thomson and he just swept it up quite high and across to the other side - it seemed to hang in the air for an eternity and as it dropped, km shaped up, quite like novo's last year, and rattled into the far post.

mendes - after a period of pressure we got a corner. penalty box was stowed with humanity. corner played along the deck out to mendes about 30 yards out and in line with the near post. without even taking a touch he stuck his foot right through it - went through someone's legs and straight into the bottom corner. from the corner to the shot, the ball never went over two feet from corner spot to bottom corner of the goal.

kenny miller 2 - broadfoot galloped down the right hand flank, as wide as is possible and right on the by-line. he swung the ball in with some venom, and boruc took it low and just dropped it at kenny miller's feet. time stood still. miller took two ridiculous touches and finally just stuck it away.

Cheers Barry,you're a gentleman,reading that I could actually see the goals :onetoomany::rfc:

Barry never mentioned at the first goal the Brilliant first touch pass from Mendes out to Cousin from our own half. So that made a pass to Mendes in the middle, first touch 30 yard pass out to Cousin who brought it down on the touchline and took,i thought it was Wilson, on for speed and stripped him. Everyone was waiting for the cut-back but Cousin beat Boruc at the near post.

First goal it was Wilson he was shoulder to shoulder with and beat.

Second it was Cousin who took the ball down in the box, got pushed over but not before putting the ball to Thomson

Kenny was just trying to ensure he didn't have a Van Vossen moment.:thup: