Lowing delight at winning debut

Alan Lowing

Lowing has made four first-team appearances for Rangers

Alan Lowing spoke of his delight at having made a winning debut for Clyde after moving on loan from Rangers.

The 20-year-old right-back made his switch just hours before kick-off as Clyde beat St Johnstone 3-2 in Perth.

"It was great to come in and play in the first win of the season and hopefully I can help push Clyde up the table now," he told the club website.

"I only found out about the move on Friday, so I was surprised but delighted to start the game."

Lowing, a Scotland Under-20 international, is hoping that his spell with Clyde will help him eventually become a first-team regular at Ibrox.

I was at Rangers when John Brown was there and I enjoyed working with him then

Alan Lowing

"I'm getting to the age where I need to be playing first-team football, so I was happy to leave Rangers for a spell and show what I can do," he said.

"I know other players have had loan spells in the First Division and gone on to do well, so that is my aim; come here for six months, do the best I can and take it from there."

There are a number of Rangers connections at Broadwood, including manager John Brown, the former Ibrox youth coach.

"I was at Rangers when John Brown was there and I enjoyed working with him then," added Lowing, who has made four appearances for Rangers' first-team.

"I knew that he knew what I could do and had confidence in me, so that helped me make my decision to come to Clyde."

I was wondering what happened to him. Hopefully he will come back twice as strong.

He's still young and a loan is a good move for him, especially Clyde due to the Rangers connections.

I think we should use Clyde for this a lot more. The fact we play our reserve games there also must help.

I also think that when we've won the league a couple of times, we'll have more breathing space to introduce youngsters.

A lot of people will say Walter doesn't play youths but the likes of Naismish and Lafferty knock that myth on the head as well as young players like MacGregor (youngest keeper for a long time), Hutton, Whittaker, Adam, Burke, Thomson, Boyd - and most of them have been slagged off by the fans at some point.

He's still young and a loan is a good move for him, especially Clyde due to the Rangers connections.

I think we should use Clyde for this a lot more. The fact we play our reserve games there also must help.

I also think that when we've won the league a couple of times, we'll have more breathing space to introduce youngsters.

A lot of people will say Walter doesn't play youths but the likes of Naismish and Lafferty knock that myth on the head as well as young players like MacGregor (youngest keeper for a long time), Hutton, Whittaker, Adam, Burke, Thomson, Boyd - and most of them have been slagged off by the fans at some point.

I think it's more of, he does not bring youth's through the system and get them to play in the first team, remember barry ma baw.

none of those players were actually brought through by walter smith mate. They were all blooded by other managers. fleck will be the big test for him. he has to see some first team action this season. A bloody waste if he doesnt.

I .

Funny, was taking the wee man to his Taekwon Do down at Broadwood on Saturday and was thinking the exact same thing. Hope Lowing does well, seems to be another name that's been bandied about for a few years.