Kirkaldinho in the Scoltand squad

I actually think he deserves it. He has been very consistent this season, whether played at RB or CB.

He has looked pretty assured beside Bougherra at CB at the start of the season.

And who amongst us would have thought that he would have had McGeady in his back pocket on Sunday whilst at RB. Not only in his pocket but ripping the p1sh out of him too. He showed willingness to get forward and he did his defensive duties reasonably well (bar not getting close enough to prevent the cross for their first goal)

Sorry Craig i don't agree that Broadfoot had McGeady in his Pocket but Stevie Davis did. I will agree McGeady kept trying to turn inside as broadfoot was covering the line, but stevie Davis was waiting for him time and time again. In fact the only success(or distress for us) was when Mcgeady got down the line to cross for the goal.

Sorry Craig i don't agree that Broadfoot had McGeady in his Pocket but Stevie Davis did. I will agree McGeady kept trying to turn inside as broadfoot was covering the line, but stevie Davis was waiting for him time and time again. In fact the only success(or distress for us) was when Mcgeady got down the line to cross for the goal.

If McGeady had his way he would have been down the line ALL the time - why was he turning inside ? Because Broadfoot wouldn't let him down the line.

Davis' success at curtailing McGeady was due, in part, to Broadfoot also not being beaten down the line by McGeady.

If McGeady had his way he would have been down the line ALL the time - why was he turning inside ? Because Broadfoot wouldn't let him down the line.

Davis' success at curtailing McGeady was due, in part, to Broadfoot also not being beaten down the line by McGeady.

Maybe a small part because at the goal McGeady stripped Broadfoot to cross. I think if you watch Mcgeady when he is playing he mostly cuts inside. Rangers must have knew this and Davis did brilliant to dispossess him nearly every time.

Difference being Kirk got a chance Gow didn't though.

That kind of thinking just doesn't make sense. Both obviously got a chance, one took it, the other didn't.

Or can you give a rational explanation why one would get a chance and the other not?

Do you not think the manager knows his players at all?

You seem to think Rangers are a pishy wee team that can afford to give players who don't look up to it according to the manager, to get a run in the team, just so they can have a "chance".

Sorry, to burst your bubble but Rangers are FAR to big a club for pissing around like that. When you have fans who want a manager out for losing the league on the last day due to fixture pile up from winning two cups and getting to a Euro final, you'd have to be naive in the extreme to think every player deserves a "chance" in the first team.

You take your chance by showing you are better than other players in skill, fitness and attitude - on the training ground, in reserve team and any chances you get in the first team.

Gow didn't do that, period.

My point is that two hardly lauded SPL Bosmans came in and one took his chance, the other didn't or was just found out as lacking the right stuff.

calscot how many first team games did Gow get? One? Maybe two?

So what your saying to me is that Kirk is a better footballer than Gow, okay. And talking of naivety, it's funny how WS is now immune from criticism now he's won an Old Firm game and a couple of league games, here's a reminder, we THREW away the league last year, we didn't even try to win the UEFA Cup, we got pumped out the CL this year by taxi-drivers, am I convinced WS is the man for the job? I am in a position to say he is a great manager who works with what he has, his limited squad towards the end of last season was noones fault but his own, he refused to bring in more last January when we were starting to see signs of tiredness and injury and the loss of Hutton, he should have strengthened but he never and the ultimately doomed us. Weak decision making tore the best season ever away from us, its that simple. He made the same mistake at the beginning of the year by not strengthening the midfield until it was too late. But hey, we beat the tims on Sunday so everything is hunky dory. And where have I ever stated that Rangers are 'a pishy wee team'?

WS knows his players? You're absolutely correct which is why we will have to suffer the likes of Dailly, McCulloch, Ferguson, Miller, etc being played this year regardless of form when there is better sitting on the bench.

It is so that a boss can make or break you. 4 years ago I was steaming towards a promotion. i had received two bonuses two years after each other but stupidly i only had a verbal agreement that i would be promoted at the following promotion round,which was and is only in January. Unfortunately my then boss was replaced before i was promoted and from day one i couldn't get on with my new boss. He was one of these young theory kids that had totally no practical experience and thought that if he said jump, then everyone would jump. As i don't jump for anyone who tries to bulldoze me our relationship went from bad to worse. My body language changed and i became more and more militant. I was told as long as he was my boss i would never be considered for promotion.

Fortunately he has now left the company as he could not gain the promotion he wanted and i get on good with my new boss who has come up from the work floor. I have been put on a personal development plan which is seemingly the new way in our company to gain promotion. My body language and helpfulness has pushed the militant part of me into the background and i am much happier in my job.

I can see in what happened to me could have happened to Gow and am sure that more people will have a similar experience. Unfortuately for Gow i doubt he will ever get a chance under Walter Smith.

Congratulations for Kirk getting called up but IMO he is nowhere near good enough to be a international. This just shows how bad Scotlands options are.

I do admit Broadfoots performances this season have been better but its only a few games into the season