Superleague formula motor racing

I seen the highlights on Rangers uncovered.

The coeverage ws pretty poor and the commentator was far too downbeat.

It was very hard to get excited about it, and that wasn't helped by a poor first race by the Rangers car (8th) followed by being one of many that crashed out in the rain in the second race.

It was also quite hard to recognise each car and the Rangers car didn't stand out.

AFAIK there's only been one race so far so maybe it will improve with time.

The idea is definitely to get more interest in a lower standard of racing than F1, by drawing in football fans and giving them a team to support.

F1 tends to do a similar thing by using patriotism - hence the national anthems of the winning team and driver on the podium.

I can see the point as without a Rangers car I don't think I would be interested in this series in the slightest. And there are other types of motor racing that are hard to get into without someone to support.

Even my interest in F1 has waned without a Scottish driver to challenge.

I could get behind Mansell but cannot relate to other English drivers like Hill, Button and Hamilton.