The Glasgow Rangers player Kirk Broadfoot has today revealed that he has been part of the Channel 4 TV show faking it for the last 3 years.

The player broke the news today at a hastily arranged press conference as it emerged new Scotland manager George Burley had drafted the " player " into his squad for the up coming world cup qualifiers.

Broadfoot who told the waiting press that he was in fact a carpet fitter from Fife said " This experience has been great but I now feel that I would totally be out of my depth and there was no way I could let the country I love so much down by pulling on the dark blue jersey"

Channel 4 have defended there decision to allow Broadfoot to move to Rangers from St Mirren.

Saints have issued a statement saying " The program makers approached us with there plan we where only to willing to be a part of there experiment we started that season with 4 or 5 new players and knew one was from the program".The only real surprise said saints boss Gus McPherson is that the player is not Will Henning considering how he has had a terrible start to the S.P.L season.

Rangers would not be drawn on the future of the player at Ibrox only saying in a short statement " Kirk has been one of our most consistent performers over the last 18 months". Gers boss Walter Smith was unavailable for comment.

The S.F.A chief Gordon Smith was quick to back Burley after some sections of the tartan army turned on the manager and pointed out what they have always know that any carpet fitter from Fife could get a game for Scotland if he worn an OLD FIRM strip.

Aberdeen where quick to reassure fans that Jamie Langfield had not also been part of the experiment.

Quite funny - however, Kirk has a fantastic response to those who chose to mock him - He plays for The Rangers, they don't (I know which camp I'd rather be in).

Cammy F - Kirk Broadfoot - One Of The Chosen Few Loyal RSC