Killie game live here

He was a disgrace early in the second half when he ran into the box withe the ball and threw himself onto the ground looking for a pemalty, when tere were a number of other options. Lucky not to get booked,

Disagree. Only Boyd would get slated for that by those who don't like him.

Drove into the box, guy lightly clipped his heel with his leg. Went down soft, penalty would never be given but freekick anywhere else on the field.

Drove into the box, guy lightly clipped his heel with his leg. Went down soft, penalty would never be given but freekick anywhere else on the field.

Only those who like Boyd would be in denial about it :flipa:;)

I didnt see the game but obviously Boyd got the goals to give us 3 points. I still believe his style of play cuts down our options but he is decent for the average SPL games. Killie have started well but they are still a poor side.

By the sounds of thins Novo showed when he came on that he should be a starter.

Only Boyd would have got slated for that when there were so many other options? You've admitted a penalty would never have been given. Surely anyone would have got slated.

Just because it's Boyd doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

Only Boyd would have got slated for that when there were so many other options? You've admitted a penalty would never have been given. Surely anyone would have got slated.

Just because it's Boyd doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

Your missing the point. Essentially you accused him of diving. I think he was fouled, but it was one of those where the ref will not give it in the box, but anywhere else on the field.

Disagree there were loads of options, he tried to drive past his man and had his leg clipped. But it's not like there was loads of support. And even if you have these "options" if someone knocks you over you can't take advantage of them.

Did the right thing in any case, attack the defender, drive into the box, at best you get rpast your man and get a shot away. At worst the defender has to make achallenge and is at risk of fouling you, which is essentially what happened. Penalties have been given for less, definitely seen them given and Boyd had a right to appeal. Unfortunately some of the 50:50 decisions aren't awlways given.

Looked to me as if it wasn't contact that put him down but he decided himself to go down whether or not there was contact.

If you're in the CR then you would have had a better view than me, but I'm not convinced, mate.

I thought that there were options. There was someone else who had ran into the box or he could have gone himself.

Either way, it still doesn't take away from the fact that he was dreadful for the first hour.

Looked to me as if it wasn't contact that put him down but he decided himself to go down whether or not there was contact.

If you're in the CR then you would have had a better view than me, but I'm not convinced, mate.

I thought that there were options. There was someone else who had ran into the box or he could have gone himself.

Either way, it still doesn't take away from the fact that he was dreadful for the first hour.

Watched it online. Definite contact.

Whether it was enough to put him down is up for debate. However from years of watching and playing the game sometimes it only takes a small amount of contact around your ankles to bring you down.

Still say that he did make use of his options though, he chose to run at the defender, drive into the box into a dangerous area and was unfortunate to be brought down.

Deffinately contact made,soft penalty ?..........maybe, for me it was a pen.

I was trying to be as neutral as possible but I think it certainly could have been given.

It's a shame that some of our fans don't wish to appear to want Boyd to succeed as much as they do so many other players.

I certainly think there is an issue with pre-conceptions of players going into games and incidents. I think if a more popular player to BD or Gribz had been inolved in an indentical issue they would be praising the player and screaming for a penalty. Obviously i'm open to this too and that's why I tried to give a more neutral view of the incident and put less of a blue-tinted spin on it.

Nothing to do with Boyd but i would have been angry if Rangers got a penalty decision like that against u. No Penalty in my eyes but i also believe it was not a dive. The two fought for the ball and both went to ground. These things happen.

Nothing to do with Boyd but i would have been angry if Rangers got a penalty decision like that against u. No Penalty in my eyes but i also believe it was not a dive. The two fought for the ball and both went to ground. These things happen.

:thup:

As I say I genuinely feel, subconsciously or not people are looking to view this incident in a negative light becuase of the player involved.

Whether or not people feel it was a penalty, the defender made contact with Boyd that cause him to fall. Quite ridiculous to use it as a stick to beat Boyd with.