Barry is a 1st pick

Our best midfield in the past few years has to make way for Barry 'I am Rangers' Ferguson.

A disgrace, he should have to earn his place like others do.

Not that I dislike him, I dislike what he brings to the team, a captain he is not.

"Barry had a great season last season." Walter you are on cloud cuckoo land, do you watch the same games we do. He played brilliant in about 6 games and for the rest he was carrying that injury which allows him to play crap but get high marks for effort.:rolleyes:

"Barry had a great season last season." Walter you are on cloud cuckoo land, do you watch the same games we do. He played brilliant in about 6 games and for the rest he was carrying that injury which allows him to play crap but get high marks for effort.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't even give him the benefit of the 'carrying an injury' excuse, most of the season he was average to below-par and granted in a few games he did excel, this lack of consistency is why he shouldn't step straight into the team.

I wouldn't even give him the benefit of the 'carrying an injury' excuse, most of the season he was average to below-par and granted in a few games he did excel, this lack of consistency is why he shouldn't step straight into the team.

I was being sarcastic about his injury but i don't think it is just last season he has been crap it is since his return from Blackburn.

Correct, but we've had all the excuses, he's injured, he doesn't have the right players alongside him (wtf), it's the new managers style of play, blah blah.

I think we are only agreeing with each other, but i will say he has never had the players around him that we now have in the midfield. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Mendes.

Here's something to ponder, who is he going to keep out? Young Aaron? Edu? What will happen with them? Loaned out like Dean Furnam? That'd be a crying shame, was looking forward to the likes of Fleck and Furnam breaking into the first team.

I think all the Barry haters out there need to remember what the team was like pre-Mendes without him. The midfield was a fucking disaster. There is no substitute for class and I will welcome Barry, Scotland's finest midfielder of his generation, back into the team. If Aaron was so fantastic he would be in the team. Edu looks like he will take a while to settle after an average debut. Barry was bossing the likes of Parma and Bayern when HE was 22. I'm sorry but if you're all saying he shouldn't come back in now we have quality players he can interact with, then you need your heids examining. The reason he used to take the ball off people's toes was because they were PISH!!! He had a poor season hampered by injury and PISH all around him. A poor season in which he captained us to our first European final in 35 years despite the pish. I welcome competition for him as he does. If it came to a straight choice between Barry and Thommo, which I don't think it will, but if it did, would you all pick Thommo???

NONSENSE.

Oh Barry, Barry....