Barry is a 1st pick

As I said above, I don't dislike him, I dislike what he brings to the team. You have just stated every excuse that I already used for him having a poor season. Well his excuses will have to run out and if he earns his place in the team then yes he will be a valued contributor. But there is no way he should walk into the team because he captained us to the UEFA Cup Final.

Cotter, BF may have been bossing midfields when he was 22 with the likes of Gio and Albertz in the team but that days are gone. He is now 30 and his form over the past 2 years has been poor.

As mentioned above last season he had about 6 good games but about 30 shockers so i cant see what WS is saying.

Also WS says he will go back into the team but has to keep it like everyone else - bollocks. it should be the other way round - he has to earn it back.

If Mendes makes way il be seriously pissed off. Even if WS pushes Mendes out on the right to put Ferguson and Thomson in the middle il be pissed off. For me Mendes should be the main man now and its up to Thomson, Ferguson and Edu plus possible Davis to battle it out to play next to him. Although Davis can make the Right midfield side his...but i do like Novo there.

BF is a class player,who has had a bad couple of seasons by his standard,do you guys not think he will get back to his best with more class around him ?, I do. If I was the manager i'd be looking to play my best players every week,that's your job as a manager,wether other people think the players you play are your best players doesn't really matter,a manager picks his team to win,WS obviously feels BF will improve Rangers chances of winning,so do I. Should he go straight back into the team ?,if you think he is one of your best players yes,but what does that actually mean ?,will he play when he is not fit ?,or not ready ?, I doubt it. If he comes back playing to the standard he is capable of then I don't think anyone will be arguing about if he should be playing or not

BF is a class player,who has had a bad couple of seasons by his standard,do you guys not think he will get back to his best with more class around him ?, I do. If I was the manager i'd be looking to play my best players every week,that's your job as a manager,wether other people think the players you play are your best players doesn't really matter,a manager picks his team to win,WS obviously feels BF will improve Rangers chances of winning,so do I. Should he go straight back into the team ?,if you think he is one of your best players yes,but what does that actually mean ?,will he play when he is not fit ?,or not ready ?, I doubt it. If he comes back playing to the standard he is capable of then I don't think anyone will be arguing about if he should be playing or not

Thats the thing Ian, yes he has the class inside him but he has to show in most weeks. If he does play to his ability then i dont think there will be much Rangers fan who wouldnt have him in the team - depending who makes way.

I wouldnt move Mendes right now at all. Ferguson isnt the creative player we need so for me it would need to be Thomson making way, but thats harsh on KT.

I still think he should win his place back as this sends a wrong message out to the squad.

However i actually can see Mendes getting shifted out to the right when BF comes back and BF playing in the middle with KT. - I hope not but i can see it happening.

Thats the thing Ian, yes he has the class inside him but he has to show in most weeks. If he does play to his ability then i dont think there will be much Rangers fan who wouldnt have him in the team - depending who makes way.

I wouldnt move Mendes right now at all. Ferguson isnt the creative player we need so for me it would need to be Thomson making way, but thats harsh on KT.

I still think he should win his place back as this sends a wrong message out to the squad.

However i actually can see Mendes getting shifted out to the right when BF comes back and BF playing in the middle with KT. - I hope not but i can see it happening.

I actually can't wait for BF to start playing again,I really think we are going to see the BF of old when he plays along side Mendes ,if so then we will have the best midfield we have had since the days of Gio,Albertz etc; :rfc:

The point is though - what message is being sent to the other squad members ? "thanks for your efforts, you have been playing really well, the team are unbeaten..... but Barry is fit again so you are dropped". What a horrible thing for any player to suffer when they are playing well.

Cotter - to use BF at 22 as a comparison for Edu and Aaron makes no sense - it how he is playing NOW that should count. Or are you saying that because someone played well when they were 22 should mean they should be starters for the rest of their careers ? BF has been PISH - you can say he had pish beside him but if he is THAT good then he will be a standout beside them - last season it was BF that looked like he should be dropped because he was PISH. Thomson was our best midfielder, certainly after January.

Another thing - why are people clamouring for BF to come straight back in when the team have been playing well, we are unbeaten (and in fact should have a 100% record from a very difficult start to the SPL campaign) ??? That also makes no sense to me - we are winning, we PUMPED Celtic along the way, yet we want to change a winning team ???

We don't know how BF would play beside Mendes, no-one does. There is a good chance he will be great beside him but until we see injuries, suspension or loss of form then the team should remain as it is.

As said, he should have to EARN his place in the team - it is a terrible signal to the other players if he walks right back into the team.

Gribz, I can actually see BF playing beside Mendes with KT pushed out to the left (which isnt his position for sure !).

Oh dear, I got pelters for saying that Shagger shouldn't walk back straight into the team. Yet those who said he should as he is (really?) the best keeper we have, are now saying that the best player we've had for the past 3 years shouldn't walk straight back in to the team. What a fickle bunch us football fans are....:admin: ;)

I can't wait to see BF back in the Rangers team (when fit) and he, more than anyone will benefit from the the presence of Pedro Mendes. Mendes, Ferguson, Davis and Thompson make a foremidable midfield. KT will play the holding role allowing BF, Mendes and Davis to use their skill, guille and passing ability to service 2 mobile forwards.

We have been, and in some respects (long periods of last weeks game) still are, a poorer side without the presence of Barry Ferguson.

Cammy F

I think I'm going to wait for a couple of games after Barry's return before I get into this argument again. Whether it's wise or indeed fair to the other players is debatable. I just think you can never have enough quality in your team and Barry is quality. Walter's said he's going to play so we'll all have our answers soon enough. I think I know who's going to proved right:p

I think I'm going to wait for a couple of games after Barry's return before I get into this argument again. Whether it's wise or indeed fair to the other players is debatable. I just think you can never have enough quality in your team and Barry is quality. Walter's said he's going to play so we'll all have our answers soon enough. I think I know who's going to proved right:p

I have to agree with this post,no-one can deny BF is quality and should benefit playing with quality,and I also think too many people are reading WS wrong here.I can't help thinking there is too many fans that don't want F back in the team..........and IMO that is wrong,he is quality and he will improve our team,so much so that I still think on his game he is better than Mendes,but what I want to see is them playing together, which can only improve our team

Ian, it is NOT about not wanting BF back in the team - I think he and Mendes side by side will work great. However, the message being sent out is undoubtedly the WRONG one.

WHo gets dropped and why ? What if it is KT that gets dropped - should he be happy about being dropped for BF when he is playing well ? Should he bother applying himself in training when it is obvious BF doesnt need to be playing well to get a game ?

Sorry but whilst I think that BF is a quality player I think it is a shitty way of the management team to handle the situation.

I like BF and his presence is visible - but, for me at least, he should have to play his way back into the side. NO player should be above having to work for their place in the team.

I dont get how people cant see what some of us are arguing for - there is no equality in the team if one person gets a game regardless of how he is playing. Last season he had to play whether fit, off-form or otherwise as there was no competition for places. This season there is and he should be forced to compete.

If he has to play his way back in he actually may apply himself better than he has been recently. By simply giving him his place in the team back it tells him he doesnt have to apply himself as he is guaranteed a shirt.

That to me is wrong.