Ulster day

Now you are claiming indifference, whereas in your initial post on the subject you were overjoyed at the prospect the 'Rangers' fans initiative had died a death to the point you proclaimed 'Thank fuck for that' so you certainly weren't disinterested, you were very interested and trumpeted the fact.

You then started babbling about 'Irish' and the 'UVF', now you say people who play in flute bands are bigots.

You're right about one thing, you are one confused dude.

When you don't have a clue what you're commenting on, it's best not to comment.

Save your 'Thank fuck for that', for something more deserving.

Obviously saying sorry if I offended anyone wasn't enough. You only joined the forum just before digging me up about my first agreeably misplaced TFFT quirk, so all I can say is don't get a your knickers in a twist because someone like me makes some misplaced comments. Let me know they're misplaced & why maybe, but you haven't even told my why my comments are misplaced and/or wrong. Maineflyer did that for you. Anyway, thanks a lot to you both for letting me know I'm talking crap & shouldn't bother next time. Much appreciated.

Guest FollowThe People
Obviously saying sorry if I offended anyone wasn't enough. You only joined the forum just before digging me up about my first agreeably misplaced TFFT quirk, so all I can say is don't get a your knickers in a twist because someone like me makes some misplaced comments. Let me know they're misplaced & why maybe, but you haven't even told my why my comments are misplaced and/or wrong. Maineflyer did that for you. Anyway, thanks a lot to you both for letting me know I'm talking crap & shouldn't bother next time. Much appreciated.

When I joined is totally irrelevant, upon joining one of the first threads I opened was the Ulster Day thread as I had missed the game and looked forward to reading some comments and maybe seeing some nice pictures.

The last thing I expected was coming onto a Rangers website and reading that a planned celebration of a part of our history had 'Died a death' and a poster rejoicing in it's failure, possibly on the Huddleboard but not here surely.

As it turns out the 'Died a death comment' appears to be inaccurate and you appear to have posted in haste without thinking(I hope), in any case I have no wish to turn it into an internet war with you, but couldn't possibly let it pass without comment, whether I have 2 posts or 20,000.

The last thing I expected was coming onto a Rangers website and reading that a planned celebration of a part of our history had 'Died a death' and a poster rejoicing in it's failure

I wasn't 'rejoicing' in it's failure & have already admitted that my initial comment was misplaced. I even apologised if I had offended anyone. Again, I'll admit that I was wrong to make that comment. I'll also happily admit that I don't understand many aspects of our Clubs' History & the mindset of the support with regard to said aspects even although that's something I was completely honest about in one of my early comments anyway.

I have no wish to turn it into an internet war with you, but couldn't possibly let it pass without comment, whether I have 2 posts or 20,000.

Likewise.

cheers

The last thing I expected was coming onto a Rangers website and reading that a planned celebration of a part of our history had 'Died a death' and a poster rejoicing in it's failure, possibly on the Huddleboard but not here surely.

this is so whiney. rangersness and your position aren't the same thing. whether this day does represent our history, or whether we even should be copying celtic and harking back to vague roots at all, are all up for discussion here. let's leave the your-probably-a-tim-if-you-dont-think-the-same-as-me-about-something alone, it's like crass bullying.

Here here! And anyway I think the main point of Ulster Day was to remember and celebrate the great players from Ulster that played for our club.

Perhaps we should make this a regular thing and have a Holland Day, England Day, Germany Day, Denmark or Scandanavia Day...........

Here here! And anyway I think the main point of Ulster Day was to remember and celebrate the great players from Ulster that played for our club.

Perhaps we should make this a regular thing and have a Holland Day, England Day, Germany Day, Denmark or Scandanavia Day...........

But no Scotland Day ? :devil:

While i do accept the Ulster tint to our history i doubt if it would ever get a mention if our neighbours from the dark side were not so pro-eire. Probably if the tims claimed to be Croatian we would be looking for ways to look for a Serbian link and flying Serbian flags . Over the last few decades the word Ulster has always been linked with Feed the Pigeons and up to the knees in ****** blood, so it is not totally surprising a younger person would put 2+2 together and get sectarian. I will give the Ulster day the benefit of the doubt but to be honest it does stink of one-upmanship against the tims.

We are just going to end up going back over the ground that was covered in the previous thread on this.

However I strongly disagree with your post, Pete. Rangers have always been a strong unionist club and the traditions are numerous and longstanding (picture of the Queen in the dressing room, the loving cup etc, etc.). Part of the unionist link has also been connections with Northern Ireland.

Part of the problem is that people with an agenda try and lump everything related to Ulster into the sectarian bag. You're doing that yourself to a certain extent by claiming the only reason why there is an Ulster connection is because of Celtic, which I would refute.

There is nothing wrong with being connected to Ulster and celebrating that connection, whether it is with the wonderful Ulster Scots banner, the Ulster day last week, or the various songs that are sung celebrating its history etc.

F.T.P. and TBB have nothing to do with Ulster (TBB is actually a Glasgow song), and we mustn't allow any mention of it to be instantly made negative.

Saturday was a positive day, and positives should be celebrated and encouraged. The GAWA realised that and have totally transformed themselves.

People should be encouraged to consider this view (although there are right and wrong ways of doing that) and not just listen to the one-sided press that we have in this country at the moment.

We are just going to end up going back over the ground that was covered in the previous thread on this.

However I strongly disagree with your post, Pete. Rangers have always been a strong unionist club and the traditions are numerous and longstanding (picture of the Queen in the dressing room, the loving cup etc, etc.). Part of the unionist link has also been connections with Northern Ireland.

Part of the problem is that people with an agenda try and lump everything related to Ulster into the sectarian bag. You're doing that yourself to a certain extent by claiming the only reason why there is an Ulster connection is because of Celtic, which I would refute.

There is nothing wrong with being connected to Ulster and celebrating that connection, whether it is with the wonderful Ulster Scots banner, the Ulster day last week, or the various songs that are sung celebrating its history etc.

F.T.P. and TBB have nothing to do with Ulster (TBB is actually a Glasgow song), and we mustn't allow any mention of it to be instantly made negative.

Saturday was a positive day, and positives should be celebrated and encouraged. The GAWA realised that and have totally transformed themselves.

People should be encouraged to consider this view (although there are right and wrong ways of doing that) and not just listen to the one-sided press that we have in this country at the moment.

As i said in my post Bluedell i do agree with the part of the ulster connection that you talk about. Unfortunately i would say most of the drunken yobs who run around draped in a red hand flag know anything of that history. Being a good protestant to them is how loud they can shout *** and sing the Billy boys. That unfortunately is also a part of our history and that is the part of the history that i and many other Rangers supporters will be glad to see the back of. I won't put words in his mouth but i am sure that is what shroomz was meaning as well.