Ulster day

Guys, sorry if my comments offended anyone. Maybe I just don't fully understand the Ulster connection. I'm just a Rangers fan that's interested in the team & club. I've got absolutely no interest in Ulster, red hands, flute bands, militancy or sectarianism. I understand that not all Ulster based RFC supporters are flute band playing bigots, but that's where it all gets a bit cloudy & confusing for me with our support because we talk about the plastic paddy element on the other side of Glasgow when in fact it seems we have the very same problem in a slightly different form. For example, if an RFC fan is born & bread in Scotland, why exactly should he be practically obsessed with Ulster, red hands, Irish flute bands etc? I just don't get it. No comprende.

Guys, sorry if my comments offended anyone. Maybe I just don't fully understand the Ulster connection. I'm just a Rangers fan that's interested in the team & club. I've got absolutely no interest in Ulster, red hands, flute bands, militancy or sectarianism. I understand that not all Ulster based RFC supporters are flute band playing bigots, but that's where it all gets a bit cloudy & confusing for me with our support because we talk about the plastic paddy element on the other side of Glasgow when in fact it seems we have the very same problem in a slightly different form. For example, if an RFC fan is born & bread in Scotland, why exactly should he be practically obsessed with Ulster, red hands, Irish flute bands etc? I just don't get it. No comprende.

Pretty much sums up my sentiments too. I chose not to have anything to do with any of the rubbish from a very early age. It didnt help the stick I used to get going all the way through school with my name and supporting Rangers :S

Guest FollowThe People

Now you are claiming indifference, whereas in your initial post on the subject you were overjoyed at the prospect the 'Rangers' fans initiative had died a death to the point you proclaimed 'Thank fuck for that' so you certainly weren't disinterested, you were very interested and trumpeted the fact.

You then started babbling about 'Irish' and the 'UVF', now you say people who play in flute bands are bigots.

You're right about one thing, you are one confused dude.

When you don't have a clue what you're commenting on, it's best not to comment.

Save your 'Thank fuck for that', for something more deserving.

actually, no. someone said they couldn't be arsed with irish links (and ulster day in general), and you seemed to think that one/two of our clubs founder's mother was from ulster should somehow overcome his apathy.

Why should one statement of fact make you overcome your apathy, if you happened to be interested which we know your not then you'd know there is far more to it than just that one fact. But as stated above if you are not interested in a thread then best not leave comment on it.

Why should one statement of fact make you overcome your apathy, if you happened to be interested which we know your not then you'd know there is far more to it than just that one fact. But as stated above if you are not interested in a thread then best not leave comment on it.

dont ask questions then moan when you get an answer. just because it's an ulster day thread doesn't mean that it's only for the people who want to celebrate our historical lineage - it's about considering the place of our lineage and how worthwhile it is. if getting answers to your own questions in that context is too much for you, best not to leave your questions in the first place.

At the end of the day it was a nice wee project that resulted in a better match-day experience for all.

Nothing offensive, nothing sectarian and nothing to get worked up about.

Look forward to the next one.

The day was fundamentally celebrating the contribution of Ulstermen who have played for this club down through the years. I think that is a relevant Rangers matter and it defeats me why you want to introduce sectarianism into the issue - perhaps you've been reading too many Spiers articles. The day also acknowledged the contribution of Ulster men and women who have supported the club in their droves for many many years, whose support provides money and backing to a club which isn't exactly renown for its ability to foster goodwill outwith its own back yard.

You obviously cannot get beyond the association between Ulster and bigotry that has been studiously manufactured by people with a rather blatant agenda. Blatant enough not to be taken seriously and perpetrated again on their behalf on Rangers websites. Sad really.