Rangers Want Zambian, Offered Jeremie Brechet?

_41904396_chriskatongo203i.jpg

Zambia player impresses SPL duo

Aberdeen and Rangers have expressed an interest in Zambia international Chris Katongo after he impressed against the Scottish Premier League clubs.

The Jomo Cosmos midfielder played in pre-season friendlies during pre-season preparations in South Africa.

And Cosmos chairman Jomo Somo said: "Chris has played exceptionally well and Rangers and Aberdeen have shown interest in him.

"We won't stand in his way. I feel he has to move and he deserves it."

Cosmos lost 2-0 to Rangers but reversed the scoreline in defeating the Dons.

Meanwhile, reports suggest that Rangers have been offfered French defender Jeremie Brechet by Real Sociedad.

The 26-year-old came through ranks at Lyon under new Rangers manager Paul Le Guen.

Aiming high as always then.

Picture added of the Zambian, handsome lad.

I found that funny as fuck Beattie, unless of course it was true! ;)

It's quite scary that we're being linked with the same class of player as Aberdeen. :confused:

I found that funny as fuck Beattie, unless of course it was true! ;)

It's quite scary that we're being linked with the same class of player as Aberdeen. :confused:

Not necessarily scary Gav - Aberdeen will likely be interested as they played against him, same as Rangers. Just because Aberdeen are interested doesn't make him a worse player. I had read before the game that this guy and one other (forget his name) were going to be watched by PLG anyway as they were starlets in the African game.

To use an extreme example... we would be interested in Thierry Henry, so would Aberdeen - does it make him a worse player because Aberdeen want him ? Ahhh screw it, course it does !