ashley cole to chelsea

not sure if i believe he`s actually coming but some of the stories circulating around at present would tend to favour ashley cole coming to chelsea very soon.

imo it`d be an excellent signing as he`s undoubtadly the best left back in the world today.

however, i was told that roberto carlos is a more realistic target at present, but i await with baited breathe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5194016.stm

Cole Would be a much better signing than Carlos as he has age on his side and is a better player.

Given Chelsea have the cash they would be much better spending it on Cole.... but will Arsenal let him go ?

If I were Chelsea and couldn't get Cole I would be much more tempted to try and bring in either Lahm (who had an excellent WC and can play either side of defence) or Eric Abidal who had a very effective WC too than I would Roberto Carlos.

Carlos has seen his better days and would only be a stop-gap for Chelsea.

Absolute bollocks!

First Henry was going to Barca, then Fabregas was going to Real Madrid and now Cole is off to Chelsea. It's becoming tiresome now!!

Aw shite, wait a minute, Henry signed for Barca and Fabregas signed for Madrid so maybe Cole will goto Chelsea! Shite!

Zambrotta has came out and stated that he'll goto Chelsea if the deal with AC Milan falls through.

:flipa:

Absolute bollocks!

First Henry was going to Barca, then Fabregas was going to Real Madrid and now Cole is off to Chelsea. It's becoming tiresome now!!

Aw shite, wait a minute, Henry signed for Barca and Fabregas signed for Madrid so maybe Cole will goto Chelsea! Shite!

Zambrotta has came out and stated that he'll goto Chelsea if the deal with AC Milan falls through.

:flipa:

i never really said that it was a factual based piece.

but, i`m willing to believe he may come as this rumour has been going on for the best part of 2 1/2 seasons;)

but, i`m willing to believe he may come as this rumour has been going on for the best part of 2 1/2 seasons;)

Exactly Colshy, it's been doing the rounds for 2 and a half years and nothing has happened. That tells it own story IMO.

How long does he have left on his contract ?

Arsenal won't want to sell him to Chelsea so could try and punt him off to Spain - but would he want to move abroad ?

Much of this rumour is stemming from Cole having a go at Arsenal over the tapping up thing - yet that is old news as he said Arsenal left him out to dry at the time too.

I read that about Zambrotta too Gav - but I am sure I also read that Real and Barca want him as well - and that he would probably go to Real to team up with Capello again - or am I confusing him for someone else ?