I don't think i said we should lose all our traditions. Surely football is our first and foremost tradition? That is where we should start supporting our team. Yes there will be consequences in a transitional period as in new songs being accepted etc. No we should not forget our protestant history but shouting sectarian bile at Celtic supporters does not make us better protestants.

Oops, there's that "sectarian bile" quote again. Murray will be delighted that his wee contribution to the vernacular has been adopted with such seamless acceptance. What was willingly offended a year ago became merely sectarian. Now it is universally sectarian bile because Murray couldn't keep his mouth shut when someone challenged his own credentials. Isn't life in the Rangers community just so interesting?:rolleyes:

Oops, there's that "sectarian bile" quote again. Murray will be delighted that his wee contribution to the vernacular has been adopted with such seamless acceptance. What was willingly offended a year ago became merely sectarian. Now it is universally sectarian bile because Murray couldn't keep his mouth shut when someone challenged his own credentials. Isn't life in the Rangers community just so interesting?:rolleyes:

You can call it what you want to call it, Sectarian bile, racist chants or verbal diarrhoea. If i quoted David Murray then good because on this point i totally agree with him. Shouting Feed the pigeons or Fen!an Bastards is not the part of our history or tradition i want to be remembered. If i see the wined up pricks at the games i go to then i get totally ashamed. The quicker it is eradicated the better.

You can call it what you want to call it, Sectarian bile, racist chants or verbal diarrhoea. If i quoted David Murray then good because on this point i totally agree with him. Shouting Feed the pigeons or Fen!an Bastards is not the part of our history or tradition i want to be remembered. If i see the wined up pricks at the games i go to then i get totally ashamed. The quicker it is eradicated the better.

I actually agree with you completely about the wined up pricks - and feeding the pigeons. However, I also resent the grossly unfair and utterly contrived accusation that everything in our traditions is sectarian. It is not and it was against this accusation that Murray was asked to defend us when he erupted with the sectarian bile statement. Whish is why I don't think he or anyone else should be encouraged to misrepresent the real situation.

I actually agree with you completely about the wined up pricks - and feeding the pigeons. However, I also resent the grossly unfair and utterly contrived accusation that everything in our traditions is sectarian. It is not and it was against this accusation that Murray was asked to defend us when he erupted with the sectarian bile statement. Whish is why I don't think he or anyone else should be encouraged to misrepresent the real situation.

I agree with you we are sometimes totally unfairly painted in the media and Murray should do more to defend our support. We have had a Protestant past and we should be proud of that. At the same time i believe in the future all creeds should be welcome at Ibrox be it as player or supporter without feeling threatened or uneasy. We stand next to each other in the queue at Safeway's, why can't we do it at a football game. We did in the 50's and 60's so lets get that tradition back.

I agree with you we are sometimes totally unfairly painted in the media and Murray should do more to defend our support. We have had a Protestant past and we should be proud of that. At the same time i believe in the future all creeds should be welcome at Ibrox be it as player or supporter without feeling threatened or uneasy. We stand next to each other in the queue at Safeway's, why can't we do it at a football game. We did in the 50's and 60's so lets get that tradition back.

We are clearly of the same mind in this. I think it's fair to say the Rangers support has changed beyond all measure and generally has an open mind to all. Who would have believed an Italian catholic would have captained Rangers and been idolised by so many at Ibrox? We accept all colours, races, religions - hell we even accepted Davie Dodds! Look how readily the fans gave up TBB when it was said that singing this song would damage the club. Rangers fans are generally reasonable and adaptable - and above all they genuinely love the club.

It is hugely disappointing to see a new established wisdom emerging that we should see ourselves in a more negative light than we deserve. Where has this come from and why is our chairman part of it?

What we don't accept is grossly biased and unfair treatment of ourselves or our club - and it is this bias, coupled with utter disbelief at the lack of response from the chairman, that is ratchetting up the tensions and leading some to take a more entrenched stance that even they might feel entirely comfortable with.

I think it will almost impossible not to be seen as "bad" as that's how most supporters want to be seen and that culture is increasing in modern day Britain.

That's why we can't let go of the sectarian baggage, as that would be being, "good" which is just not cool - or "sick".

So the fans act badly and then complain when they are pilloried for it.

I think the problem of "unfairness" stems from the criticism being generally valid especially when you consider the sentiment but blown out of proportion on specific chants and songs.

It's a bit giving someone a slap because of the football team they support and then being accused of beating them up with our fists with racial motivation. However, you do have to ask why are we slapping people?