Rangers Linked with Sporting Lisbon Defender

There doesn't seem much depth to the story to give it credibility but we could do with another class defender who is younger than Weir to make sure of the SPL title.

SDM seems to have closed the cheque book which is not surprising given the financial reality of no European football.

It does look like we need to get rid of quite a few players who seem unlikely to feature much.

Dailly doesn't seem likely to go as he just signed a new contract for a year and so we'd have to pay his wages regardless.

Hemdani is a good candidate if we offload him for free as he's on a big wage and his contract ends next summer anyway.

Darcheville just doesn't seem to have it anymore for us and we've plenty of options up front. Again we'd have to try to palm him off for free.

McCulloch seems to have come to the end of his usefulness with him even trying centre back and again we'd have to let him go for free.

Burke seems to have used up all his chances and if he gets fit we might even get a small fee for him, but would he leave for the inevitable lower wage elsewhere?

Other crocks who could be now expendible are Webster and Stevie Smith.

After that, I'm struggling to see who we could sell unless we try and get some cash for Adam or even Boyd.

There's just not much family silver left - unless you count MacGregor...

Webster and Steve Smith are potential solutions to two of our long-standing problems. Are you really sure they're 'crocks'? Have you heard any report of Webster at Bristol City? And I thought the latest was that Smith has now resumed full training. Would be a tragedy if these two never recover, but trying to get honest news about them is like trying to pick gold dust off the floor.

I was referring to the fact they have both hardly had more than a game or two due to injuring in the 21 odd months that Walter has been manager, which to me would qualify them as long term "crocks".

I was also influenced by the rumours that they may now be considered by the management as surplus to requirements.

I was referring to the fact they have both hardly had more than a game or two due to injuring in the 21 odd months that Walter has been manager, which to me would qualify them as long term "crocks".

I was also influenced by the rumours that they may now be considered by the management as surplus to requirements.

Stevie Smith is rumoured as being surplus to requirements ? That would be crazy given we have no NATURAL left back.