Boyd's Gesture at his goal...?

Agree with that to an extent. It was Boyd's decision to quit and while I sympathised with him, I think it was an over-reaction. His form of late and Burley's mistake in not playing him against Norway would have been enough to guarantee him a place in the next game. And he would have had the whole country on his side.

I'm sure Burley and Boyd are both ruing the events of last month.

Ergo, IMHO, if Burley was a man at all (and as big a committed Scotland fan as he claims to be), then he should be meeting with Boyd and sorting this mess out. That would be the sign of a humble first class manager.

I'm sure Burley would be happy for a meeting but it has to be Boyd who instigates it.

Burley going to Boyd on bended knee isn't the sign of a first class manager. Name another first class manager who would do that. It would be the sign of a weak manager.

What would Burley say anyway? Please come back and I'll guarantee to play you? What happens of Boyd has a loss of form? Does Burley have to then pick him? If he doesn't will Boyd go off in a huff again?

Boyd's in the wrong here and he has to be the one to sort the problem.

I wouldn't see it as a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.

Not necessarily to guarantee him a game either but simply offer Boyd the chance to discuss the previous problems and offer him an easy way of coming back.

Like I say this wouldn't be seen as weak but a sign of a true leader.

I agree if Burley did make the first move then I would say that would be quite brave and mature rather than a sign of weakness. Boyd is Scotland's top striker and the country needs him just now IMO so there is no shame in trying to get him back and by doing so it might make the less mature Boyd? think he is wanted by the manager in charge. Burley has made mistakes by picking Boyd in squads for friendlies but not quoting him which IMO was pointless so I can also see Boyd's side also.

It was a pleasure to see him with a smile on his face like that for a change...that was the first game ive been over impressed with Boyd and if he keeps that up he will win a few fans over.

Still needs to score a few more against Celtic, Aberdeen (a), Hearts (a) etc :P