Looking on another forum and people are still championing the Beasley cause. Why? Of all those played LM he has been the worst.

For my money Novo, whilst hit and miss, has been the best performer on the left this season and deserves a run of games to get into a rhythmn until on e of the others show they are capable of holding down the position.

Lafferty and Beasley have been woeful and no one else has taken any opportunities given to them.

By all accounts Aaron has not done it in the reserves.

For me Novo is the only option. That's not to say i'm overly excited by this proposition, i'm just saying he is the best available option.

Novo has been very poor the last few games as well though. I think Lafferty needs more than one game as well if we want to give people a run at it.

The worst thing is we're again having to shoe-horn players into non-preferred positions.

Maybe Champagne Charlie should be brought back. :o

would have thought the young spanish lad wouldve been perfect for the role.

i thought lafferty was a striker, not a winger. why does he not get played up top, has shown on occasions he's keen to take players on, why not get him doing it in the middle instead of wasting him out wide.

would have thought the young spanish lad wouldve been perfect for the role.

i thought lafferty was a striker, not a winger. why does he not get played up top, has shown on occasions he's keen to take players on, why not get him doing it in the middle instead of wasting him out wide.

exactly, it does help when players are played in their preferred/best positions.

Lafferty was murder on the left but looked ok going through the middle in the 2nd half.

why bring in these young players and wait months or years to give them a chance!

I would also give velicka a chance he can't do any worse than Miller did on Wed........

Yep, Aaron is a left-sided winger so I wouldn't be averse to him getting a chance.

Lafferty is a striker but played the last season for Burnley on the left wing. Not like us to sign a player then continue to try and minimise his contribution. :(

Actually thought Novo was unlcuky to get subbed at HT at the weekend, had that cracking turn and effort off the post and in what was a fairly sub standard first half was not the worst offender.

Not saying he's been great, but he's been less poor than his competitors for the position.

Lafferty looked like a fish out of water on the left. Terrible positioning when defending and unable to retain possession.

The thing is, Beasley is the only proper genuine left winger that we have and as far as i'm concerened we're playing to many players out of positions as it is. He was out for a long time so not long back from injury and I do hope he gets his chance in the next few weeks because we are crying out for some decent penetration ( ooo errrr ) down the left and Lafferty isn't the answer. In fact playing him out left seems to be nulling his effectiveness as a striker at the moment.

As for the young lad Aaron i'd be amazed if he's still at Ibrox after January. Surely there is no way Valencia are going to be happy that he's never featured in the first team and been stuck in the reserves the whole time he has been here. He'd have developed more as a player staying in Spain.

Edited by Leppardized2001

Id like to see Aaron get a chance there.

Beasley for me is first pick in the larger pitches and more footballing type of games, but he shouldnt even be on the bench in tough tackling physical games like Hamilton away etc.

I would honestly sell Beasley for a fiver.

I don't often write players off quickly. Sebo was one of the few. I'm all for giving people a chance. Lafferty has shown glimpses that suggest he's got something to offer for example.

Beasley just does not have the attributes to excel in Scotland and has shown nothing since Lyon last year.

I think Beasley will be useful for us in some games this season, but atm it looks as though Europe is where he'll do the damage. Is it worth keeping him for that alone - bar one or two SPL ties that suit him - not sure tbh.

He's definitely worth more than a fiver though. If we get a good offer for him, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go.