Rangers Fan Survey - Official from club

http://www.sportswise.info/surveys/rangers/rangers.htm

Seems like some sort of research pre-cursor to a 'Bar72' elsewhere in the stadium...

A membership scheme is all well and good but the ideas in this survey seem rather limited and concentrated on raising funds as opposed to working with the fans properly.

I have no problem with the club exploring money-making ideas - such seats don't interest me personally though - but if they want to continue to approach us for cash, then I expect more than an E-Xmas Card.

Guest number7

If this was truly a " Membership of the club" scheme, I would be for it. But membership for a padded seat, Christmas and Birthday card and meeting Broxi?

I'd rather buy a cushion and take it to the games.

Needless to say, I filled in the survey.

If this was truly a " Membership of the club" scheme, I would be for it. But membership for a padded seat, Christmas and Birthday card and meeting Broxi?

I'd rather buy a cushion and take it to the games.

Needless to say, I filled in the survey.

Welcome to the site mate...

Like you, I'm a bit disappointed by the nature of what they seem to be offering but I guess if it helps raise money then we should back it.

I'd want more for my �£30 though. Although it does mention QandAs right enough.

Like you, I'm a bit disappointed by the nature of what they seem to be offering but I guess if it helps raise money then we should back it.

Increasing the price of season tickets and match tickets raises money for the club as well.

There reaches a saturation pouint in respect of what the support can give and I think that we have reached that point. The recession is going to hit big time early next year and there are going to be lots of job losses.

I fail to see why the support should be asked/blackmailed into giving more money to cover for Walter's incompetence in losing to Kaunus.

I don't think we should get side-tracked into the padded seat scenario. That's not the main reason for the survey.

However having a padded seat, I can recommend them. :cheers:

Edited by Bluedell
Don't want to lose a valuable member of this site

Increasing the price of season tickets and match tickets raises money for the club as well.

There reaches a saturation pouint in respect of what the support can give and I think that we have reached that point. The recession is going to hit big time early next year and there are going to be lots of jon losses.

I fail to see why the support should be asked/blackmailed into giving more money to cover for Walter's incompetence in losing to Kaunus.

I don't think we should get side-tracked into the padded seat scenario. That's not the main reason for the survey.

However having a padded seat, I can recommend them. :cheers:

Please say it isnt so - we need Jon so we can laugh at him :devil:

The one thing that strikes me about this is the poor timing. The recession is going to hit very hard and, indeed, could end up being a depression - yet here the club are looking to squeeze some more cash out of the fans.

I dont mind them looking for more money, not at all, but have a thought for how much people are already laying in their disposable income. The club themselves have shelved plans for the redevelopment due to the economic downturn - so why should they expect the fans to continue to "invest" in the club when they could very well be out of jobs soon.

Rangers actually now charge less than even lower Premiership clubs but I don't think they can increase much more than they are now. I think it's partly due to a lesser product on show from the opposition, lower local population combined with higher per population attendance meaning the income curve is far lower and general Scots' unwillingness to pay stupid prices.

I think fans may be willing to pay more if we were in the Premiership but not the likes of Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea prices.

Football ticket prices have the same paradox as tax - "I want you to spend a lot more but charge me a lot less".

I always think that football is totally different from other businesses in that in competitions there is only one winner and everyone wants to win. Therefore we get charged more and more for the exact same product but with more money going towards the same level of players. The more money football brings in, the more the clubs compete for the same players and so the more the players get paid. It's an endless circle which may get broken slightly by the recession.

Scotland got a lot more real about finances about 10 years ago and so shouldn't be as affected as England, who could possibly have a few clubs going to the wall or doing a Leeds.

I felt the questions in the survey totally missed the point about what the supporters who already go to all the games want from their club.

The section about membership where you get press releases and a xmas card and then asked you to tell them that if you were only charged �£15 it would be so cheap you couldn't believe it was in itself unbelievable.

The fact that there was no "other" option or a place to write comments was just another sign that they dont want to know what we want, they have geared the survey to report back that we will pay x amount of extra cash for nothing.

The stakeholder scheme for the youth academy confused me also. I was under the impression that several big money men (Satty Singh comes to mind) have already invested in this and "own" the youth players already.

I would consider a membership scheme for an extra �£20-�£30 per year if you got something worthwhile for it. And by something else I dont mean the chance to buy a ticket after the season ticket holders have had their chance because I am a ST holder!! If I was guaranteed cup semi-final & final tickets, given discounts in the Rangers shop and on Rangers tours, the Argyle House restaurant etc, given a tour of Auchenhowie and/or the stadium, and given a vote to elect a fans representative to the board of RFC.

Now that to me would be worth �£20-30. I would probably pay �£50 if they threw in two friendleis/euro qualifyers as well.

The stakeholder scheme for the youth academy confused me also. I was under the impression that several big money men (Satty Singh comes to mind) have already invested in this and "own" the youth players already.

My understanding is that they don't. I believe that they ended up loaning the cash to RYD, but Satty etc are not directors of RYD, but he is a director of Rangers development Fund.

RYD is a wholly owned subsidiary of the club and as such nobody otehr than the club owns the youth players, depsite the many misleading articles and statements around the time of when it was all set up.